What's new

iPhone SIRI demo in Australia

payattention

Archived Member
This comment is as useful as DogCrap

Siri has several real and practical applications.
Unlike forum TROLLS.

Do you have an iphone 4 djuqa? Have you ever used Facetime? Do you know anyone that has used Facetime more than once? I don't and I'm sure the same goes for 95% of iphone owners in Australia.

You can't even use siri to find Australian locations and the guy in the video was asking it what time it is when it is already displayed at the top of the screen.

It's a stupider gimmick than Facetime but not as stupid as you.

djuqa

Top Contributor
Do you have an iphone 4 djuqa? Have you ever used Facetime? Do you know anyone that has used Facetime more than once? I don't and I'm sure the same goes for 95% of iphone owners in Australia.

You can't even use siri to find Australian locations and the guy in the video was asking it what time it is when it is already displayed at the top of the screen.

It's a stupider gimmick than Facetime but not as stupid as you.
Yes I DO have an iPhone 4 (041970 1555) (ring me sometime). Just because you & others don't use facetime does not mean SIRI is useless. I can remember when most people said SMS was an unwanted feature on Mobile phones.

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Asks you to call but hangs up on you - djuqa logic.

If you wish to discuss rationally the reasons why or why not SIRI will be a success or a massive failure I will talk. But if you start calling me names and refuse to allow me to give my side of any argument than I will hang-up.

SIRI demo is only a gimmick granted, but the technology and application of the feature will mature once developers / users realise the power and scope of the massive potential it offers.
FaceTime is total gimmick, but should never used as a reason to justify or reject any other feature.

James

Top Contributor
To add into the debate, I know Siri is not great but I can see some benefit of the application to people who are physically disabled for example if you are blind and you wish to send messages to friends and family it will help this is illustrated in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNsrl86inpo

One of my clients is a large telco so mobile technology and the marketing behind it is a great area for me.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo