What's new

iPhone App - Domain Sales (Free)

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I’m very pleased to announce that we have just released our new FREE iPhone app called Domain Sales. It helps buyers and sellers value domains and websites with access to our database of more than 72,000 domain sales. You can:

1. View the latest sales from markets and drops in real time.
  2. Search quickly and easily, using keywords in your market.
  3. View domain names with specific extensions - TLD and ccTLD's.
  4. Identify domains sold within specific price ranges.
  5. Exclude unwanted domains containing hyphens, IDN's and numbers.
You can download it from the iTunes Store for free.

If you have any feature suggestions you can contact me via the Domain Sales website.

findtim

Top Contributor
sounds like a winner, i'll check it out, i have an iphone my wife has an android so i think most apps these days need to be cross platform and i think i read an article recently that android is growing FASTER then iphone in sales.

tim

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Any chance of port to Android?

Sure - how many other people on here want an android version?

If there are any features you want to see (.com.au sorting is there now), let me know and I'll get them added to our "to do" list. :)

I'm really hoping that this will promote .au, there are a lot of good .au sales in the markets recently and I'd like to draw some attention to our industry.

Simon

findtim

Top Contributor
saying this nicely , i don't think you need a survey on the subject of android, its a must do.

i come across this issue ALL the time with building websites ... meaning all websites HAVE to function equally on IE and Firefox ( having said that i do ignore safari, sorry MAC users ) but its just come to a head where my clients expect it and IF they don't then ALWAYS somewhere down the track they will ( previously) email me and say " my friend says that my website looks funny on firefox....." , having said that i now state that my websites will be created based on the current version on IE and Firefox at the time of contract, no past versions will be supported ( as they are FREE so why not upgrade ! ) [ and microsoft have prevented IE upgrades for XP platform so why should i bust my arse to make a website work for an out of date version ]

i always state the browser version numbers that i will develop for as they change so often and if i get half way through a project and something stuffs up because of IE or FF updates then the client needs to pay extra, its just a safeguard and sets the standard of limitations for each project.

the last paragraph is about ongoing updates for your app and how you would finance that development as iphone and android upgrade their codes, i'm creating my own app at the moment and these are issues we are coming across so i thought i'd mention them.

i may have got a little off track but the moral is true, "you need to create things for almost everyones use, you also need to make sure you don't hold yourself into extra expense because someone doesn't update their freeware"

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
Hi Simon,

There is a bug that when you search and it returns more results that fit on one page.. when going to page 2, it shows the same results as page 1.

goldnugget

Top Contributor
I agree with Tim with the Android debate. I read or heard that Android was actually more widely distributed than Apples equiv over the last 12 months so that would be a good indicator.

Apart from Apple products, almost all the other smartphones etc use Android, so individually Apple can have the sales on mobile products, collectively though non Apple outweighs Apple in sales and platform.

johno69

Top Contributor
Hi Simon,

There is a bug that when you search and it returns more results than fit on one page.. when going to page 2, it shows the same results as page 1.

Any idea when/if this bug will be addressed?

I initially reported it via PM in November. I love the app but am interested in seeing more data.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member