What's new

Ipad mini

atom

Administrator
Indeed! The iPad they said they'd never do...

It's pretty expensive compared with the competition, but no doubt the Apple faithful will flock towards it.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
It will not end soon.

Source: Gartner

"Mobile Device Battles
Gartner predicts that by 2013 mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide and that by 2015 over 80 percent of the handsets sold in mature markets will be smartphones. However, only 20 percent of those handsets are likely to be Windows phones. By 2015 media tablet shipments will reach around 50 percent of laptop shipments and Windows 8 will likely be in third place behind Google’s Android and Apple iOS operating systems. Windows 8 is Microsoft’s big bet and Windows 8 platform styles should be evaluated to get a better idea of how they might perform in real-world environments as well as how users will respond. Consumerization will mean enterprises won't be able to force users to give up their iPads or prevent the use of Windows 8 to the extent consumers adopt consumer targeted Windows 8 devices. Enterprises will need to support a greater variety of form factors reducing the ability to standardize PC and tablet hardware. The implications for IT is that the era of PC dominance with Windows as the single platform will be replaced with a post-PC era where Windows is just one of a variety of environments IT will need to support."

Billy01

Top Contributor
I didn't mean WWW was yesterday

In terms of websites and how we consume our content and on what devices. Anyone who has clients if they aren't making their sites mobile friendly you're most likely being shopped as I write. I write enough about mobility and where we are heading that anyone if you aren't moving with it. You're stuffed.

To my suprise we seemed to have caught up with the rest of the world from 5 years ago in web in a 2 year period and done a leapfrog straight to apps, mobility, tablets and smartphones.

Who would have thought we had the capacity? Not bloody me.

For the smarter readers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDGrfhJH1P4[/url]

Last edited:

payattention

Archived Member
The mobile and tablet market are 2 very different things (mobile is very poor for sales/advertising but tablet is similar to desktop) but anyway.. the topic is ipad mini, not mobile.

I don't know why anyone would need an ipad mini if you have a mobile and tablet. Of course, that won't stop people buying them by the truckload. The Kindle has had much success so makes sense for them to release a smaller one I guess.

Saying the web is yesterday is beyond retarded and shows a misunderstanding of the change that is going on. Are you saying mobile devices don't use the web or that the web can only be accessed from a desktop? Billy01 have you even seen what sales are like on mobile? It's beyond awful. People use them to compare and then either buy in store or online (from their desktop or tablet but not from their mobile).

findtim

Top Contributor
The mobile and tablet market are 2 very different things (mobile is very poor for sales/advertising but tablet is similar to desktop) but anyway.. the topic is ipad mini, not mobile.

I don't know why anyone would need an ipad mini if you have a mobile and tablet. Of course, that won't stop people buying them by the truckload.

Saying the web is yesterday is beyond retarded and shows a misunderstanding of the change that is going on. Are you saying mobile devices don't use the web or that the web can only be accessed from a desktop? Billy01 have you even seen what sales are like on mobile? It's beyond awful. People use them to compare and then either buy in store or online (from their desktop or tablet but not from their mobile).

i agree with mobile is for sourcing not buying is just so hard and really hard to create a mobile phone based shopping cart ( i mean hard as in one that is user friendly)

ipad mini, helena wants one NOW, and said if it was a mobile as well she wants one yesterday. Helena says its "handbag sized" so thats 50% of the population.

so once again apple will make a motsa, funny how things were getting smaller and smaller and now we are going back up in size

tim

Top Contributor
Domain Name ipadmini.com.au
Registrar ID Melbourne IT
Registrar Name Melbourne IT
Status ok

payattention

Archived Member
How is that site not mobile friendly? It renders perfectly fine. I'm not sure how much friendlier you could make it. You could use a simple button menu but users don't like that, in fact, they don't even want app replacements for websites.

I'd be more focused on making sure a site is tablet friendly as at least the buying habits are similar. As for desktops, people don't see a need to upgrade as often as they once did as even the most basic computer is powerful enough to do almost anything consumers throw at them these days. I'd say people are just opting to buy a tablet instead of a new Dell. Most sites render perfectly fine on an ipad so again, no need for drama about making websites tablet friendly as they already are.

findtim

Top Contributor
As for desktops, people don't see a need to upgrade as often as they once did as even the most basic computer is powerful enough to do almost anything consumers throw at them these days. I'd say people are just opting to buy a tablet instead of a new Dell. Most sites render perfectly fine on an ipad so again, no need for drama about making websites tablet friendly as they already are.

since buying the ipad3 a few months ago helenas use of the computer has switched 50% to the ipad and increasing, if she could do the accounts on the ipad then i think she would, her digital camera is gathering dust, pinterest and instagram have gone through the roof.

i still prefer a mouse.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Most sites render perfectly fine on an ipad so again, no need for drama about making websites tablet friendly as they already are.

Agree, from what I have seen of it conversion rates etc from ipads and the like are not dissimilar to desktops so I don't think there is too many issues.

findtim

Top Contributor
Agree, from what I have seen of it conversion rates etc from ipads and the like are not dissimilar to desktops so I don't think there is too many issues.

i agree with ipads are cool with websites and stuff ecom for iphones but this middle ground needs to be considered when developing a site

$369 from apple its going to go OFF, i think its a clever move

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members