What's new

Intro from Silouette

silouette

Hi everyone,

Im a relative newby only have about 300 domains in various .coms .au .mobi.and even some .net.au but just to protect the .au i have

Have already had a few legal emails trying to hijack two domains i have but since i am comfortable with what i can and cant do im not worried and have not heard back from them yet after my replies to them. I will keep you all posted if interested.

Anyway this is my intro and i look forward to been part of it.

soj

Founder
Hi silouette - thanks for joining DNT.

Whereabouts are you located?

And how do your .mobi domains work for you?

P.S. After 3 posts you can do signature links and post in the marketplace as well.

silouette

Thanks

Thanks guys for the welcomes its great to have a forum and this one sure is an excellent one for us domainers new or old. I have a number of offline businesses on the Gold Coast but looking at relaxing a bit with domaining which i love. Im learning new things each day but having no luck selling some of my domains.

Probably asking too much :) thanks again for the welcomes im looking forward to being part of the forum. My .mobi are a new thing and to me they are a speculative buy but i honestly feel that they will turn out ok despite some domainers taking the p%$^ i have a business head so i go the opposite direction to the crowd at times.

findtim

Top Contributor
welcome, "opposite to the crowd" yo're right, but i think most people have ditched .mobi as a worthwhile asset, what i'm noticing is the subdomain "m" eg http://m.THEDOMAIN.com.au

and my wordpress sites easily convert to iphone/android etc in minutes using " buddy press" "mobile press" plugin which is see webdesigners charging $450 +++ for , it recognises you are accessing the site from the mobile phone type and automatically switches youto the mobile version of the site.

this is just a test site but go see, wauchope optometrist .com .au , remember its JUST a test site.

tim

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads