What's new

Interesting Read ..... From The Old Days

findtim

Top Contributor
ahhh, the good ol days, i seem to remember it as the 1999-2000 SURGE and the 2001 crash?
i remember because i quit my job to start in the internet and everyone went " no F'n way" , this boat is sinking ! it was a VERY tough first 12 months for me.
one website i remember was perfume.com , started by 2 women in san fran, VC'd at @ 60 mil and they cashed in straight after the launch, 12 months later -ish perfume stopped trading.

another one i suspect nobody would have heard of was "goldway" , a gold jewellry ( usa spelling) mimic of Amway !
they went big and hard, as per amway it made the top guns millions and left the lower end almost bankrupt as they had pre -purchased loads of shitty gold jewellery that they had to sell door to door.

i also remember australia2000 , an online off shot of amway ( although they never said the word amway in their pitches but it was amway) , yes you could buy online back in 2000, pepsi for only 3 times the price of woolies, dog food for only 3 times the price of coles etc etc ...........BUT, if you just got 6 friends who have 6 friends......................i think you know the rest of the story.

that was 17 years ago, so in 17 years will we be saying " hey remember those nTLD's, .club........WTF "
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members