What's new

Interesting offer technique

thrown

I received this email just recently. Would be so much easier if they just picked up the phone rather than using these sort of techniques. Oh and they have the .net.au

We are in the process of gathering domain names relating directly to our business as we are also in the process of trade marking xxxxxx.

We understand the process and fees related to lodging a dispute with AuDA and are therefore contacting you directly prior to lodging the application with auDA.

Please tell me the price you are looking at selling the domain xxxxxxxx.com.au

kind regards,

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I don't know but to me this was a DUMB thing for them to send - I read it as "Hey we are a big business and we will bully you out of something, here is a little threat to get the domain cheap.".

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Yep scare tactics for sure, pity for them they are doing the trademark after someone has already registerd the name. Is there a site up ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Is their business appearing on the parked page ads ? Are you planning on selling the name ? If so maybe offer it for the same price as the dispute cost

thrown

No, their business isn't appearing. I'd be surprised if it was. I'd happily sell, but it's one of those domains that for the right buyer they would pay a reasonable amount. These guys I don't think will pay a reasonable amount...

findtim

Top Contributor
please name them, that's just BS, their words are so rude.

I got a similar email last year but not from them and it worked out fine in the end.

any letter like that MUST have a phone number in my opinion, so pick up the phone and tell them the price or tell them its not for sale.

don't take that S*^T
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members