What's new

Interesting Flippa Report: 'State of the Website Economy: Focus on Website Domains'

James

Top Contributor
That would be because not many .com.au sales go via flippa, and when they do the sites are usually decent and acquire a good amount.

Look at the likes of .com and .co.uk for example soo many sales go down.

But yes this report does give people the impression that the .com.au market is HOT and I bet they will be trying to get into the market =)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
The AU space is definitely a nice space to be a publisher in, low competition and generally high CPCs.

AU FTW.

nina

Top Contributor
Personally, I'm a bit sus about this report - I followed an auction last year - sport.net.au - got passed in at $510.00

I do not think I would have any confidence in posting a .com.au domain on flippa.

Personally I think perhaps because it's Australian owned, they are trying to generate an Australian market because the sale value of the .coms are not so high? I don't know - but that's just my thoughts on this.

Does anyone know the highest price on flippa for a .com.au domain?

Here is a link to the one that got passed in at 510.00

https://flippa.com/110489-sport-net-au-premium-au-generic-domain

Or am I just being unusually cynical and trying to be mischevious for a Friday. :)

Nina Meiers

nina

Top Contributor
Thanks for that link - interesting post - I'm going to explore some more of the threads. I've enjoyed reading others so far.

It's just that I start out feeling inspired, and then the more I read, or analyse, the harder it makes for me to make a decisions. .. you know .. on this hand, on this hand, or on this hand perhaps...

I'm so torn between whether I set up half decent sites or just look for names... so many decisions and come Friday afternoon, I'm not sure I want to make those right now.

HOWEVER, it is always good to read something positive about Australian domains. I believe they have been underrated for quite some time.

Cheers
Nina Meiers

James

Top Contributor
I'm not sure of the highest Nina, but one of our members had great success with a domain auction on Flippa.

Thread is here: http://www.dntrade.com.au/establish...-com-au-t2297.html?t=2297&highlight=apartment

And you're allowed to be mischievous! ;)

Hi,

This is defiantly not the biggest sale, I do not even follow Flippa much any more as too many people spam it with fake sales.

Mac Talk was one of the biggest sales this year...

http://mumbrella.com.au/owner-of-tech-site-mactalk-puts-it-up-for-sale-39994

Pretty sale the sale went via private for well over 170k+

A friend of mine whos a webmaster in Brisbane also did a sale of like 90k this year on Flippa but It was not a .com.au domain..

Snooks

Top Contributor
Interesting article on Flippa

I was reading an article on Flippa and a lot of the stats were quite interesting, im also pretty sure that the members in here would be interested in it.

It basically revolves around the value of domains and the different extensions, with some very interesting results.

Please read the article on Flippa.

Cheers :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads