What's new

Instant (*.au) domain registrations

Oz.

Top Contributor
Hey there, I didn't realise not all registrars do instant domain .au registrations still. I know ages ago that was the case, but thought things would have changed by now.

I'd love to compile a list of registrars that we know do instant registrations (ie. no manual human review) for all .au registrations (new customers too).

I'll make a start:
  • Drop.com.au
  • Netfleet.com.au
  • VentraIP.com.au

Please add to this list if you know of other registrars they do instant .au registrations (even for new customers).

Thanks

Oz.

Top Contributor
Nope, need manual review. crazy domains too, it seems - at least for new customers.

neddy

Top Contributor
Oz, TPP Wholesale do.

And whilst I haven't used them for ages, I'm fairly sure Instra does too (though I might be wrong on this one).

neddy

Top Contributor
Intaserve also do instant registrations from memory. And for new customers. Price not too bad.

Likewise for Enetica - but their prices aren't so good unless you are a reseller.

findtim

Top Contributor
Nope, need manual review. crazy domains too, it seems - at least for new customers.

i never really though about it as i'm with crazy, it all happens so quick i felt it was "instant".

fact is i have done some hand regs that are for clients when i've had to do them quickly then create a COR after that.

i think this is a valid situation as i know what to do and a client doesn't, eg: a client is buying a business and needs to make sure they cover their domain names as well.

crazyD has NEVER not registered a WEIRD domain name for me

like bluecollarwebsites registering Xyixi.com.au !!! yes ! its been that kinda bad so although crazyD may look at each rego i feel they simply don't care and hit the approve button, IMHO

"close and substantial" is breaking down, so lets just get rid of it, HOW many years has a business had to register a domain????

johnsmithdentist.com.au if your name isn't johnsmith then fair enough, dubbodentist is all fair game.

tim

Oz.

Top Contributor
My experience as a new registrant would be different. Had them refuse a registration, which is why I didn't include them in the list as they still seem to manually review (at least for new customers).

i never really though about it as i'm with crazy, it all happens so quick i felt it was "instant".

fact is i have done some hand regs that are for clients when i've had to do them quickly then create a COR after that.

i think this is a valid situation as i know what to do and a client doesn't, eg: a client is buying a business and needs to make sure they cover their domain names as well.

crazyD has NEVER not registered a WEIRD domain name for me

like bluecollarwebsites registering Xyixi.com.au !!! yes ! its been that kinda bad so although crazyD may look at each rego i feel they simply don't care and hit the approve button, IMHO

"close and substantial" is breaking down, so lets just get rid of it, HOW many years has a business had to register a domain????

johnsmithdentist.com.au if your name isn't johnsmith then fair enough, dubbodentist is all fair game.

tim

Oz.

Top Contributor
So the updated list of registrars that do instant registrations for all customers (new and existing) is:
  1. Drop.com.au
  2. VentraIP.com.au
  3. TPP Wholesale
  4. Intaserve
  5. Enetica
  6. DomainShield.com.au

Hey there, I didn't realise not all registrars do instant domain .au registrations still. I know ages ago that was the case, but thought things would have changed by now.

I'd love to compile a list of registrars that we know do instant registrations (ie. no manual human review) for all .au registrations (new customers too).

I'll make a start:
  • Drop.com.au
  • Netfleet.com.au
  • VentraIP.com.au

Please add to this list if you know of other registrars they do instant .au registrations (even for new customers).

Thanks

These registrars all have direct connections to ASIC database in order to do that

findtim

Top Contributor
So the updated list of registrars that do instant registrations for all customers (new and existing) is:
  1. Drop.com.au
  2. VentraIP.com.au
  3. TPP Wholesale
  4. Intaserve
  5. Enetica
  6. DomainShield.com.au

so just to get this correct, are you saying these registras will register ANY .com.au instantly ? so there are no check points?

so the questions are, does this fit auda rules? or is it now to time consuming for auda to deal with given the level of registrations?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
These registrars all have direct connections to ASIC database in order to do that

good info

if i own dubbodentist and have an abn of dubbodentist that would work well, but if i register dubbolasertoothwhitening then we have a problem.

surely dubbolasertoothwhitening can not be instantly registered by a direct link to asic ? when its dubbodentist registering it?

HOW can it decide that its valid? because it has the word dubbo in it?

dubbolasereyesurgery would fit into the same criteria? wouldn't it

i think i am now sounding like a dog with a bone but just wishing to understand :)

tim

jamesau

FYI TPP Wholesale did not register automatically a few months ago. Perhaps things have changed recently though?

We had issues with slow approvals (and some rejections) on a few occasions, so switched to VIP Wholesale.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I know at least one register will instantly register domains if certain conditions are met (e.g ASIC lookup, IP range etc), and flag the others for manual review.

Wondering if that's pretty standard for a lot of the progressive registrars.

Mick

Top Contributor
I'll explain how we (Synergy (and VentraIP as they're a reseller of Synergy so the same processes apply)) process .au registrations. :)

com.au and net.au uses the ASIC and ABR look up to grab the registrant name and check the ABN/ACN provided is active/registered to ensure no domains are being registered to deregistered/cancelled ABNs or ACNs. When a RBN is provided these fall into a manual verification process as the actual business name can't be the registrant name for eligibility so we need to confirm these due to policy.

.id.au/org.au/asn.au are manually reviewed to ensure they meet the eligibility set out by auDA.

good info

if i own dubbodentist and have an abn of dubbodentist that would work well, but if i register dubbolasertoothwhitening then we have a problem.

surely dubbolasertoothwhitening can not be instantly registered by a direct link to asic ? when its dubbodentist registering it?

HOW can it decide that its valid? because it has the word dubbo in it?

dubbolasereyesurgery would fit into the same criteria? wouldn't it

i think i am now sounding like a dog with a bone but just wishing to understand :)

tim

Registrars are entitled to rely on warranties given by registrants at the time of registration (as provided for under auDA Policy)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member