What's new

INSIDER TRADING - NETFLEETGATE

robert

Top Contributor
Ned over at Domainer.com.au has just posted this -

"I believe there is effectively insider trading going on at Netfleet. I can’t describe what happened in any other way. Certain people have access to private bids on your platform, and are using this information to try and elicit higher bids from others. In my opinion, this is causing (and has caused) financial loss / loss of opportunity to your existing client base."

This is unbelieveable - go read the details - http://www.domainer.com.au/open-letter-to-netfleet/

James

Top Contributor
I guess this is a complex matter to have sales people involved in what is meant to be a hidden process and a fair process, though sales people probably have targets and have insider information. This is one reason it kind of turns me away from using NetFleet at the moment.

Also it is probably not advisable for domainers to "pre-sell" domains before acquiring these on the platform without knowing the "true" sale value, that seems quite a risky business model to me. Though I can see how some would opt to do it!

findtim

Top Contributor
robert, probably best to keep a subject to 1 thread as it just gets confusing, maybe admin can clean it up, but on this subject i know it does cover many topics.
IMO this thread should be about how we feel about NF's actions
in the legal thread you started should be about the ramifications of the actions
in the domain news thread it should be about informing people about neds post
and in dropping domains it should be about what has happened in the past
just my opinion, i'd also have changed the titles to reflect individual aspects of each thread.

not trying to be a teacher, its just when i saw all the duplication i didn't know where best to start a conversation
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
NOW for my comment.
in reality this issue could be a GREAT thing for johnathan, if he takes it as a positive and basically says " right guys, I NEED full rights to do what ever i want " , then he can make the new NF whatever he wants.

Johnathan, i'm choosing to go down the path of " i think you are a nice guy and will slam this down"
so lets not slam johnathan down right now, lets give him time to find the problem/process , solve it and then report it and not ignore us like the old NF has done for quiet some time.

but something has to change and my post here is an addition to my post on domainer which i firmly believe in that there needs to be a penalty for this action as i have spent thousands of dollars via netfleet like many others and it just sits in my head " was i being cheated and bidded UP "
i've lost domains that i felt "no way will someone pay over my bid" , once again it makes me wonder.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Also it is probably not advisable for domainers to "pre-sell" domains
i dev not domain, but i often openly source domains for clients, but i basically say "whats it worth to you? whats it worth if someone else gets it " i think these are terms everyone uses.

BUT to actually seeing the another persons BID, is totally unfair

i bid the other day for a client and lost, no great loss, but did i lose fairly ?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
eels situation was it was taken OFF the market preventing others from bidding, this issue is about disclosure of other bids in a " blind bid" system.
both bad
tim

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
This is a train wreck. It's not just the disclosure of bids by a telesales rep. It's the RSS feed with live bids that continued to run after Netfleet changed their format to blind bidding...

asantha

Top Contributor
to be honest - I am not surprised - it is Netfleet, what do you expect.
and there is a new manager - he will tell you " I don't know about this, it will not happen again" and you all move on until the next one.

By the way, I had a feeling about this, when I am loosing my bids by few dollars, I was happy that I could guess the true value, well it seems it is not the case - lol, I was an idiot, who was in a scam or what ever it is

findtim

Top Contributor
On a more positive note, Initial scoping has been conducted on several new features we should see commence development soon. Including the re-inclusion of client domains in auctions, the ability to adjust bids, the addition of a buyer/seller communication system to help expedite sales, and a simplification of our customer portal.

the old "bait and switch" which in this case is "sorry but here's a list of positives that they probably will never do "

what a crock and where's auda on this ??? as usual nowhere.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Bid late or don't deal with them because this company will never be clean, the lack of ethics is "in the blood" at that place and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.

Ned was gobsmacked, i'd be gobsmacked it was revealed Netfleet wasn't doing stuff like this.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo