What's new

In the press...

Shane

Top Contributor
I'm not one to blow my own trumpet, but I thought I'd share an article from an insurance industry magazine which makes mention of the stuff I've been doing online.

It goes to show that if you're willing to invest a lot of time and money into quality domains and websites, you can build real, profitable and sustainable businesses.

:)

neddy

Top Contributor
Top effort Shane. Well done indeed.

But was that photo a mug shot from when you were last arrested? Just kidding of course. :D

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Congrats (Ned stole my line, i was going to ask if a crimestoppers photo as well) When you work hard to achieve something i think it's ok to blow your own trumpet

findtim

Top Contributor
great work, i think australians don't " blow their own trumpets" enough, australians are such amazing people for some reason ? we are great at sport, business, acting, we really are the envy of the world + our countries natural beauty.

good on you and promoting what you have achieved gives us all a little kick up the bum to keep our focus.

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

A big part of why I posted it was to show what can be done if you really try.

I started by registering a few domains and building some sites. Then I started buying some better domains on the drops and building even better sites.

Then I started investing more serious money into premium domains, and putting even more effort in to building great content.

Another important step was going from selling leads to actually employing staff and owning the clients ourselves. This is where the real value comes from.

I also quit my job right at the start, unlike the usual method of building up slowing and only leaving your job once you're earning enough money.

It's a big risk, but no risk = no reward. There's no better motivation than knowing your only income is coming from the effort you put in each day.

Having been in the insurance industry for most of my working life helped in my case, but anyone with skills and knowledge in a particular industry should be able to do the same.

Well done Shane. Mighty big effort against some big guns in the industry.

Don

Thanks Don. Thankfully a lot of the big guns do a terrible job at customer service, so that's where we can beat them.

You still have to rank well to get the opportunity though...

Top effort Shane. Well done indeed.

But was that photo a mug shot from when you were last arrested? Just kidding of course. :D

Amazingly I've managed to get this far in life without being arrested!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo