What's new

In the interest of full disclosure...

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
In the interest of full disclosure, the following domains that sold at yesterday's auction, "hh.com.au", and "computershops.com.au", have been withdrawn from the sale, by the sellers.

We failed in our duty to deliver the expected outcome as it related to the auction close extended periods i.e. the “endless” 5 minute extensions. Unfortunately, the sellers of those two affected domains were not satisfied with the option we took yesterday to reopen the auction for a further 30 min, preferring rather to re-run the auctions.

I made a decision to not re-run the auction again, so the sellers have exercised their right to remove those two domains domains from the sale.

Moving forward, the software problem has now been fixed, and we are introducing new policies to better manage any unforeseen problems that could impact on future auction close zones. A clear process will be published so all parties will know what to expect.

Thank you to all our sellers, and the to the winning bidders, and for everyone's co-operation and understanding.

Our next auction will close September 9, and we hope to have the domains up shortly. We will make sure that we test and re-test software for the next one!

Best Regards,
George Pongas

Timmy

Banned
I think that's a fair line George - always tough to keep everyone happy in an instance where things go wrong.

I'm sure sellers and buyers would appreciate that 'shit does happen' and I think congrats to Drop for taking this action. Personally, my collection doesn't comprise of too many 'premium' names, but if I did send some to auction I would want the best possible result and nothing else.

Either way, I wouldn't think buyers or sellers would have their noses out of joint with the end result - look forward to the next one!

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Thanks guys,

Just to be clear, it was "hh.com.au" and "computershops.com.au" that were withdrawn. I left our results online with the new statuses to reflect the final outcome.

Results: https://www.drop.com.au/auction/?room=sma

Our seller for the other domains was satisfied with the measures we took and the sales are all proceeding.

Have a great weekend guys, and just a heads up... I have seen some interesting domains approaching in my long distance drop radar, so catch you at @ Drop!

Best Regards,
George

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads