What's new

IMPORTANT ICANN Transfer Policy Change 1 December 2016

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
When 6 4 6 2 was stolen I sent an email to the Icann ombudsman Chris LaHatte, We exchanged two emails and in the final one I suggested all disputed domains and transfers should be locked down for 60 days to avoid theft and quick transfer away form the holding registrar, I actually suggested that names claimed to be stolen should be paced into a holding pattern until some form of resolution is reached. Seems he might have listened to the 60 day suggestion. Some folk are claiming this will affect "flipping" however I don't think 60 days is a long time and if it guards against theft I think it is a good thing
~
As for people too lazy yo have updated their whois contact info ..... I will not be verifying any names I don't own, so sick of spam for names I no longer own!

Erwin

Top Contributor
I wonder how they came to the 60 day period. I actually do think it's a long time, but if it cuts down on scams then I'll be all for it!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Anyone who has ever lost a name will support this, trust me it's no fun. Not sure if it was my suggestion of 60 days or other influences?

Scott7

Top Contributor
For those of us who own .com and .net domains the new ICANN transfer policy comes into effect on 1 December. It is important that your WHOIS records are correct, as changes will require further verification from 1 December.

A marked up copy of the policy is here
Thanks for sharing.
There's a really informative interview on Domain Name Wire about this, where Andrew Allemann discusses the policy changes with Endurance International Compliance Officer, Darcy Southwell.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member