What's new

Image/Photo Editor Download

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Does anyone know of a good photo editor I can download for free, paint and iphoto come up just a tad short for what I need
~
Thanks

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Bummer .....the developer is not recognised or a mac store app ..... cannot run
~
Come to think of it I think tim may have offered this to me a year or so ago, cheers

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

Sorry but as mentioned Paint does not do what I need, Tim's option seems adequate, my new problem is adjusting the cropping option sizes in a wordpress theme, I did change the css file and strangely I did manage to upload photos to the size I wanted (450) instead of the standard option of 250, I was offered the option to skip cropping and the images at 450 went straight into the header but not when I try that option does not appear anymore? So I am trying a few other things, thanks

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I have changed the dimensions :

.site-header .home-link {
color: #141412;
display: block;
margin: 0 auto;
max-width: 1080px;
min-height: 300px;
padding: 0 20px;
text-decoration: none;
width: 100%

Now it is the CROPPING DIMENSIONS i wish to change, the default is 230 ....... I wish to change it to 450 but cannot find it in theme functions or header or css? If I add an image I end up with a gap of 70 ( previously i had the code above at 450 but the blank gap between the image and the menu bar was too much. So 300 is just a make do for the moment until I can change the default cropping tool dimensions, this where i am stuck, I go to add an image but cannot crop big enough to capture what I need ... cropping is at 230 ..... i need 450
~
So even if i change the css sizes I cannot crop to the part of the picture i want in the height i require, hopefully you get what i am saying ..... i'll keep trying, good chance I am doing something wrong ?
~
Isn't the cropping feature a function? I am thinking that's where the change needs to be made

findtim

Top Contributor
firstly you should be using firefox with firebug, this will save you time.
2nd, sometimes its best NOT to set image size and width in CSS and let the image size take control, this will also depend on other field parameters near it.
3rd, don't use wordpress as an image editor, get your image/logo whatever CORRECT before uploading
tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Ok I'll try again, then give up on this thread, I am just asking how to change the dimensions of the image cropping tool, UNDERSTAND that when I load an image I am forced to to use this function when using the header customiser option in twentythirteen theme but it is not allowing me to grab the full aspect of the image, i need to be able to crop more area. All I wish to know is how to change the dimensions of this FUNCTION ..... i really cant be any clearer than that. Yes i can change images sizes before using the appearance/header/customiser ...... I wish to upload a number of images to rotate in the header but AS ALREADY MENTIONED i need to be able to make the cropping tool dimensions a little larger......... so if you can tell me where to make these changes, that is great if not then i'll say thanks for help up to this point. But no need to be sending me elsewhere, the photo imager Tim offered is fine IT IS THE CUSTOMISER dimensions that I need to adjust and if something goes wrong then i'll change it back. Cheers!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member