What's new

If keyword xyz .com.au was taken, would you go for xyz .net.au?

If xyz .com.au was taken, would you go for xyz .net.au?

• Total voters

paz

There really should be a "maybe" option.

If I was chasing the keyword for SEO, then I would go for the .net.au, if I was after a brandable name that wasn't necessarily the main keyword for the site, then no - i'd need the .com.au to sleep at night!

soj

Founder
I added in the maybe option as i couldn't choose between Yes and No haha.

I would buy the .net.au equivalent if the keywords had a good search volume and i could monetise them. Also DMP makes the good point about if the .com.au was parked, then the .net.au would be the next best thing.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
There really should be a "maybe" option.

If I was chasing the keyword for SEO, then I would go for the .net.au, if I was after a brandable name that wasn't necessarily the main keyword for the site, then no - i'd need the .com.au to sleep at night!

DMP said:
I would for SEO if the .com.au was taken but not being used to its full potential, ie. parked

soj said:
I would buy the .net.au equivalent if the keywords had a good search volume and i could monetise them. Also DMP makes the good point about if the .com.au was parked, then the .net.au would be the next best thing.

Belated thanks for the replies.

Something I've been contemplating for a while: What is normally considered a healthy cutoff for search volume and/or CPC? Do you guys consider both or just one?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo