Shaun

Top Contributor
This website concept is AWESOME!!!

www.99designs.com

I'm definitely going to use it!

Check it out.

soj

Founder
Yeh thats been around for a few years now, used to be at the SitePoint Marketplace before they took it solo. Have never used it, not sure I like the idea of a group of people competing for designs.

paz

Yeh looks alright, have been meaning to try it for a while. Make sure you let us know how it goes Shaun.

Money back garuntee...can't really go wrong?

marketingweb

Top Contributor
I think it depends on the project - if for a once of project or something that you haven't bet the house on, that sort of thing can be good. However, you don't get a lot of the benefits of working one on one with a designer, and may often get a lot of half-arsed work from people as they don't have the ability to really understand your business and design requirements like someone working one on one on project can. I wouldn't use them for a major branding of business you were trying to take big.

Also make sure you get all the versions you need in all required formats at the end of the project, because designers on these type of systems won't generally give you any "after sales service" that a traditional designer will.

Shane

Top Contributor
I've used 99designs twice and have been really happy with the outcomes.

I've used a professional designer once and was satisfied with the result, but it definitely wasn't as good - and it cost more!

DavidL

Top Contributor
Looks good - i used another site like this a few years back but only a couple of designers came back- much smaller site I guess.

James

Top Contributor
Yeah heard about it a while ago, I prefer doing to design forums and connecting with designers to get stuff done...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo