1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

i hate facebook !

Discussion in 'Social Media & Networking' started by findtim, Aug 6, 2013.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    sorry, but i hate facebook, i truellllllyyyyy do, i avoid it but get sucked into it by friends and family and then end up with MOUNTAINS of crap in my inbox.

just now ( reason for my post ) i conatcted a friend in canada last week, well somehow she has put me ona list of someones list ..... and i just received 57 email notifications !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of the same post????????????

so i am no longer in control of the ONE conversation i wanted to have NOW i have to listen to the bull%%%% of the other 56 people as i am now on there list!!!

AND PLEASEEEEE do not tell me "all i have do is go and hit this button or that button...... as WHY do I HAVE to waste my time doing that?

is anyone here on the same page as me with this facebook system ?

tim

1 person likes this.
  2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    What do you do when clients want to leverage Facebook to help their business?

Yes it is a setting to globally disable email notifications on Facebook. Same as it is with this here forum.

1 person likes this.
  3. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I was wondering about this too

4. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i outsource it
    tim

5. James

James Membership: VIP

- With the emails you can disable them.

- I agree Facebook has gone down hill, I just use it for chatting with friends and also people in different countries and states. I use Google+, Linkedin and Twitter a bit more in recent times. More for business, generating leads ect.

6. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You outsource the consulting?

7. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    helena handles all the initial stuff with the client as she likes facebook, pintrest ( rarely anyone of my type of clients want twitter ) and then we outsource the "doing" eg: facebook business page setup, linking to blog posts etc

its far easier to pay someone $20 then do it yourself, i have a guy that i just feed it to on elance and its done whilst i am asleep.

same for mailchimp setups, once you find someone reliable that can bang it out why do it yourself?

i find elance more expensive then fiverr but less hassles.

tim