What's new

huge domains

helloworld

Top Contributor
Thought on Huge Domains are by definition cyber squatters? mate didn't register his .com, looking at the whois I can see that they registered it not too long after the cctld was registered. I presume they scrape registered cctlds and other variations. Worst part though is they refuse to negotiate on prices. Such s### c#####

yeah of course I am fully aware of rules etc etc but they're getting off on a technicality. IMO it's companies like this that make the industry look ######

snoopy

Top Contributor
Lots of people would register a .com if it were taken in cctlds, nothing wrong with that.

chris

Top Contributor
Lots of people would register a .com if it were taken in cctlds, nothing wrong with that.
Automating it? If they're brand terms etc.

"Taken extensions" is a common metric people use, I get that. Good names are fair game - but I've seen some fairly predatory stuff happening on recent registrations. When you contact them, they'll reply with 30k or something insane. Crazy thing there probably aren't many buyers holding out (think dubbodentist.com.au etc.).

helloworld

Top Contributor

In this case it's a unique brand name 2 words that was registered post cctld.The guy had no idea he would end up in the US. I feel sorry for him which is why I said I'd try to help out. I have no issues with generic name registration, but in this particular case it's truly unfair but more so unethical. I dunno maybe business ethics is a lost art.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Automating it? If they're brand terms etc.

"Taken extensions" is a common metric people use, I get that. Good names are fair game - but I've seen some fairly predatory stuff happening on recent registrations. When you contact them, they'll reply with 30k or something insane. Crazy thing there probably aren't many buyers holding out (think dubbodentist.com.au etc.).

Doesn't sound like their is any brand issues to me

"yeah of course I am fully aware of rules etc etc but they're getting off on a technicality."

Translation: My friend has no legal rights at all!

If the cctld owner has no trademark right and didn't bother to register it when it was available the obvious person to blame is himself not huge domains.

helloworld

Top Contributor
I sent them more emails, which cited a couple of other sales I had pushed there way. Unsure if that is what got it over the line but they finally agreed to drop the price around 17% which overall was a good win.

The moral of the story, I guess being annoy people until they give in. I will make sure to do this even more so with your domains, Snoopy.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member