What's new

Howdy

demandclass

Hi guys – I'm James. I used to be a reasonably big player in the Aussie domain market when I cofounded Pacific Octane, but I wanted to reintroduce myself here.

The last 12 months have been a disaster for me – I lost my business (and a lot of money), my marriage; and a lot of credibility. I’ve been to hell and back. They say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Most of the mistakes were my own; and I acknowledge that publicly. I was arrogant and stubborn in some instances and didn’t listen to smart people’s advice when I should have.

I also put my trust in one particular individual here in Australia, and that turned out to be a very costly exercise (perhaps more about that later in another post).

But I’m back, and starting again. As Henry Ford said: “Failure is the opportunity to start again more intelligently”.

I have some good friends on this forum, and whilst I won’t name them publicly for fear of embarrassing them haha ;) they know who they are, and I thank them sincerely.

Moving forward, I’m not seeking sympathy – I just want to rekindle old friendships; make some new friends on here and look for good opportunities in the domain industry. I also intend to play an active role in domainer activities and look forward to touching base with as many of you as possible.

All the best,

James

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi James - that's a nice humble post. Welcome back to the fold.

I hope you get back on track quickly.

Cheers, Ned

demandclass

Hi Ned. Humility is a quite possibly a trait that was missing in action. Seems I have learned a lot over the last 12 months. Thanks for the welcome back and me too!

James

James

Top Contributor
Welcome back James, I am sure you will do well, nothings easy out their just have to work hard.

Regards.

demandclass

Thanks James. I look forward to catching up for one of your functions in Syd and catching up for lunch.

Thanks mate.

James

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads