1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Howdy from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Terrell, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Terrell

Terrell Membership: VIP

Hi everyone, my name is Terrell Miller and I'm from College Station, Texas, USA. I live on a small cattle ranch where I raise Texas Longhorn cattle, develop software for cattle ranchers, invest in domain names, and do occasional online marketing consulting.

Though most of my domains are .coms, I've recently been acquiring .com.aus in my niche (agriculture & equine) after seeing the incredible names at reasonable prices... lots of opportunity.

I've already made several Aussie friends through other domain forums and Facebook and look forward to making many more.

2. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hey Terrell,

Great to see you make it here. And you are too modest in describing your very considerable talents. ;)

For other DNT members, I know Terrell has great success in marketing / selling domains to endusers.
    That is a skill well worth having imho. In time he might be kind enough to share his "Texan" way of doing things. :D

In the meantime, as he hasn't done it, I'll give his main sales website a plug.

http://leadingdomains.com/

3. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

welcome terrell, i am a bit confused in you are american how are you buying aussie names ? ......interested to know

regards

rod

4. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hey Spacey - under auDA regulations, overseas people / entities are not precluded from owning Aussie domain names.

They just have to qualify i.e. have an ARBN, TM etc. There are a few different ways; but not a lot of people are aware of that.

5. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Terrell,

Great to see you here and to see someone from the US see value outside of .com!!

How many cattle/domains do you have?

6. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    G'day Terrell great to have someone of your caliber here, have you had much success with your software in AUS?

7. Terrell

Yes, I have an ARBN setup thanks to Ned. I certainly want to make sure that I follow all rules correctly :)

It's tough to hand register .com domains that immediately get type-in traffic but I've done just that with ReiningHorse.com.au and CuttingHorse.com.au. After seeing those results, I've became even further interested in the .au space.

My portfolio is only around 500 domains and about half are agriculture & equine domains. The agriculture & equine are usually for development while the others are for investment. I've developed a blog on CattleManagement.com, e-commerce stores on CattleTags.com and LivestockSupplies.com, lead gen sites on generics like CattleSoftware.com and FarmSoftware.com, and mini-sites for showing my software banners on BeefCattle.com, PaintHorse.com, and ReiningHorse.com.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've seen some success in Australia but since I've not yet had developed a full interface with the Australian NLIS, we don't have a lot of marketshare. I've had better luck with my EquineMax horse software though.

With both Australia and New Zealand having mandatory animal id systems, a lot of the great agriculture technology (weigh scales, rfid tags, electric fencing) usually comes out of Aus/NZ instead of the U.S. The cattle tags I sell on CattleTags.com are sold through a U.S. subsidiary of a New Zealand company.

8. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

Welcome Terrell. Good to have you here!
    Let me know if you ever need help with anything Down Under.

9. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Hey Terrell, welcome to the forum mate!

Oz, down under what? :p

10. coreyg

coreyg Membership: Community

g'day Terrell and welcome

Cheers
    Corey

11. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

now you've made it dirty !!!!

I thought farmsoftware was a good name

No doubt Terrel would be a bbq expert coming from texas

12. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Membership: VIP

Welcome Terrell,

nice to see you here :)

13. Terrell

Nice to be here Oz. I've followed your .au expansion on Facebook and via DBR and look forward to learning even more here from everyone.

Thanks... a Canadian farm agency owned it for years (I had a link to my site on there) but I picked it up at NameJet when it expired. Had to pay close to $1,000 for it but it has more than paid its way over the past few years.

Nice to see you here, too. I hope all is going well.