Ashman

Top Contributor
What is the going rate for selling leads generated for:

1. Car Insurance;
  2. Health Insurance;
  3. Pet Insurance.

findtim

Top Contributor
I don't know, my suggestion is to join a few affiliate programs like DGM, commissionfactory etc

there is also
HTML:
clicksgalore
but I have had a horrible experience with them, detailed in a different thread where other members have stated good results from them so the choice is yours.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I have also shied away from Dgm, two members here have an affiliate program happening at commission junction (from memory) for life insurance. I am sure someone will expand a bit on this info

Shane

Top Contributor
I sell hundreds of insurance leads each week, but not in any of the three categories you've listed.

My advice is to bypass the affiliate networks and sell the leads direct.

It's a bit more work, but vastly more profitable.

findtim

Top Contributor
I sell hundreds of insurance leads each week, but not in any of the three categories you've listed.

My advice is to bypass the affiliate networks and sell the leads direct.

It's a bit more work, but vastly more profitable.

without giving away to much shane and trying not to steal the thread I'd be interested to know more about your process of selling leads, I know a few of us have sites for solar, electricity, gas, even plumbers etc so if you would care to share that would be great.

tim

James

Top Contributor
I would work out some rough conversion numbers and then try to contact businesses direct.

The issue is as Shane said dealing direct with companies especially big ones can be difficult and take time. I find when you deal with the big insurance companies they take a long time to pay smaller suppliers.

I guess that is why people like to deal with DGM is they do a bit of the ground work, and if you get on their "case" they can work. I guess it also matters who is your affiliate manager as well, I have some kid who is very keen at DGM and is always sending me promo and deal updates.

How do you find direct contacts - I would just search on linkedin for realted companies in your niche, and draw up a list of their internal affiliate/ marketing managers and just contact them direct, it can take a bit of time but it can work if you have the traffic they strive for.

Shane

Top Contributor
without giving away to much shane and trying not to steal the thread I'd be interested to know more about your process of selling leads, I know a few of us have sites for solar, electricity, gas, even plumbers etc so if you would care to share that would be great.

tim

The key is providing high quality leads that actually convert for the people buying them.

Another consideration is whether you want to sell the leads for a flat fee per lead, or a share of the revenue for converted leads.

I've used both methods over the years and have found that the revenue share method is the most profitable, but you need to have a lost of trust in the buyer, and you need a buyer that is good at converting!

In terms of finding buyers, it's a bit easier for me since I've been in the insurance industry for 10+ years and have a good network.

It's also much easier to sell leads for something like insurance where a single office can cover all of Australia, as opposed to solar installers or plumbers etc where each provider has a limited service area.

johno69

Top Contributor
I've used both methods over the years and have found that the revenue share method is the most profitable, but you need to have a lost of trust in the buyer, and you need a buyer that is good at converting!

This is the method I used when starting out. I had the contact form send the info to a database where I could see the number of leads and the broker had to leave a note on each and every lead.

I also had the option on random calling the clients as a courtesy call to see if our team helped them in a professional way.

Pay per conversion is always better IMO.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member