What's new

How can a renewal be confirmed?

Honan

Top Contributor
How can a renewal of a .com.au be confirmed?
I paid a registrar to renew a name in April 2010
They took my money and sent me a notice saying that to confirm the renewal, login to my account and check the new renewal date.
I did that and thought I had confirmed the renewal because the account said the name was set to expire in April 2012
I looked at the whois, however of course, you cannot see an expiry date in the whois.
The name had not expired at this stage so the status was normal

Guess what?
The name expired this month
The registrar, that took my money and told me that had renewed it, had let it go to expired status and it dropped
I am currently waiting on a refund
Do you think if I sent a list of my names to Ausregistry they would confirm the renewal dates, or just tell me to piss off
I have accounts at 5 different registrars and some names appear in more than one registrars account
I know i can check the whois to confirm the registrar
How can I confirm the expiry dates?

geodomains

Top Contributor
Time to transfer your domains from that registrar to another, I've done this to avoid losing domains because of problems getting a positive answer on the renewal. I've even logged tickets and no reply, some of these registrars need to be taken out of the industry.
Best of luck
Don

Oz.

Top Contributor
Doesn't the last updated date in the whois change when you do a renewal, or any change for that matter?
But that does suck, sorry to hear that!

Honan

Top Contributor
It doesn't matter about the names that were not renewed, providing I get the refund
Being crap names I got them back the day they dropped
I am just surprised that we have no way of checking that registrars have correct expiry dates in their records.
It is my experience that most registrars have plenty of other errors

Mick

Top Contributor
If you create an account at www.explorer.net.au, they give you the option to enter your domain and password, and they'll bring back all the details like expiry, created, etc., etc. :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo