What's new

Hosting Help!

Denis

Hey Guys!

I have been using an Australian based hosting company.

And recently to no fault of my own all the content on my website was deleted. So the site does not load at all now. Whats frustrating is that they have told me I will "just have to re-design the site" <===Yes no shit!

Even thought this has nothing to do with the hosting, they are an AUDA certified seller as well. The point im trying to make is that they are fairly big. And an incident of this nature shouldn't have happened.

I am very annoyed that this has happened. Considering I spent a fair amount of money getting a site professionally designed. And eventhough this isnt a huge amount, I had about 4000 Unique visitors a month for more than the last 12 months. Do I have any legal grounds for this situation? What can I do?

Can someone please give me some advice.

Thanks!

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
tell us more about the site,,, was it static or dynamic?

If you act now you can salvage alot from the google cache - go to google and type 'site:domain.com.au' and download all the pages images etc that you can.

Secondly can you tell us who the host was? They really should have a backup system - i'd be suprised if they did'nt! Even if they charged you to retrieve the data they still should be backing that stuff up!!

Also can't the designer provide you with the original design? surely they kept a back up...

paz

Name and shame so that other members don't make the same mistake of hosting with them.

I do have to say though Denis, you can never really rely on anyone when it comes to something important as your whole website, you should have backups whenever it is updated (or weekly if it is updated often) stored on a few different servers and your personal computer!

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
good point

once when i was creating a new website for a client i accidently deleted their whole website!

I had no backup as i was foolishly working directly on the server... took me a few hours but i got 95% of it back online from the google cache - luckily there was no database to deal with.

paz

yep...I've done the old google cache save too! unfortunately I lost the wordpress database but the site only had around 20 posts so I just copy and pasted them.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member