What's new

Hostess closed for the holidays?

johno69

Top Contributor
I tried to register a domain yesterday.. or may have been the night before (time gets away from me) via hostess, and still have no response.

Are they closed for the christmas break?

I normally get a speedy registration notice etc.

But still nothing :(.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
If it`s true, it`s ridicolous!!!

I have never registered (yet) a .com.au so I can`t tell but I assumed it was immediate.

Hopefully someone else can bring more experience with Hostess.....because I`m about to start registering...

johno69

Top Contributor
No it's not instant.

I got my emails 30 mins after posting. All good now, but was a bit worried about missing out with the delay.

johno69

Top Contributor
I'm guessing they were closed yesterday and had a backlog this morning.

Was just a painful wait.

johno69

Top Contributor
I guess they don't open sundays either.

I tried to register 2 domains with them about 1am this morning.

The order has gone through but I have no registration documentation.

I tried again to register the same domains but get the following error:

"There is already an outstanding domain registration application for ***.com.au. You cannot submit another application until the outstanding one has been processed."

I'd hate to miss out.

"100 DOMAINS"

I guess they don't open sundays either.

I tried to register 2 domains with them about 1am this morning.

The order has gone through but I have no registration documentation.

Hi Johno,

For some reason, when you register multiple domains with Hostess, they don't always send through confirmation emails for every domain.

So I always print off my confirmation once the order has been processed - just in case.

To give you peace of mind, all you have to do is log into your account; click on "View notifications" , and then resend the emails.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Ned

johno69

Top Contributor
I always do one at a time. But a few times for multiple domains.

And when I try to register them again they are showing as available. They are not showing in my account as being registered, so currently there are no emails to resend.

They just didn't get around to them by the looks of it.

When I mentioned the order has gone through, I meant to their end. Not as in completed. :(

"100 DOMAINS"

That's weird!

So when you go through and complete an order, do you get a confirmation page that says:

" Thank you

Your domain registration application has been submitted successfully. Print out this page as a reference for your order confirmation."

I have regged 3 this afternoon without hassle.

johno69

Top Contributor
Yes that's what I got last night.. (1am).

Now if I try to do it I get a system error that says "There is already an outstanding domain registration application for ***.com.au. You cannot submit another application until the outstanding one has been processed."

So I can't even "try again" unless I go to another registrar.

"100 DOMAINS"

Very strange! :confused:

Have you checked WhoIs? Is it in your name? If it is, then it should also be in your Hostess account.

If the answer is no, then I'd try and reg through another registrar (just so you secure the name). Otherwise, you have to go throught the grind of waiting for Hostess customer support to get back to you. That can take 48 hours sometimes. :eek:

johno69

Top Contributor
The whois is showing as available.

I have used NR before and have some domains there, but if I try there it will most likely give me the same error. Being the same system.

johno69

Top Contributor
thanks. checking them out now.

I may just move all my .au's there. NR wont let me move my domains with them to hostess or visa versa.

johno69

Top Contributor
Webcity's prices are slightly confusing.

The $22.50 for 2 years seems great. Then there's a bit of a hidden extra in DNS management of a further $3.95.

I know it's not a lot extra but really, it's a bit of a surprise.

marketingweb

Top Contributor
As per one of my other posts i'm also having trouble with hostess - although in my case it's a bit different as whois is showing my details but with a status of inactive, and a weird message on hostess.

My advice to you would be to ask yourself ARE THESE DOMAINS SOMEONE WILL BE LIKELY TO SNATCH UP IF YOU DELAY? Ie how important are they - find of the decade or just something you have been meaning to get around to?

If it's the find of the decade and likely to be snapped up if you delay, i'd use another registrar, get it done, and then worry about getting your $20.95 back later. If it's not likely to go to someone else if you have to wait a few hours i'd just continue waiting. But it's up to you. If there is no mention of you in Whois I would say they have done nothing at all yet and you are in danger of losing it IF someone else thinks to register that name.

FYI I have submitted two support tickets to Hostess in the last 3 days (mine I tried was on NYE at about 9pm - 5 went through 2 didn't). One support ticked marked Medium priority, no response, followed up with email, no response, sent a second support ticket marked Urgent, no response yet.

They appear to have dropped the ball over Christmas/New Year break!

Matt
http://www.marketingweb.com.au

johno69

Top Contributor
Thanks Matt.

I'd be unlucky if someone else snaps these up to be honest. But i've been unlucky before.

I am quite particular with doing business with new companies. And have been happy with these guys up until now.

I was just looking around for someone new to work with, one surprised me with extra charges, another had the aussie flag splattered everywhere saying they are Australia's favorite etc etc.

I always thought we spelt it favourite in Aus.

Anyway, see what I mean, very particular lol.

If it was a mission critical domain i'd be less critical of where I register.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member