What's new

holiday.com.au

JugglerX

Hi Guys,

I've been doing some research, looking for a premium travel domain and came across holiday.com.au

This is the kind of domain im looking for. It's got some kind of express interest/tender thing going on.

What do you think it's worth?

geodomains

Top Contributor
I could have bought it years ago for $10k, should have. I believe the owner will want a lot more now. By the way I own vacation.com.au , not as good, but still has potential.

Don

Wade

We tried to acquire holiday.com.au in 2008 and the owner wanted $100k.

He claimed to be regularly receiving high offers. Said he would get back to us if his other offers didnt pan out, 2years later he is still trying to sell it, can only assume he is still looking for close to $100k.

TroyW

Top Contributor
I've seen some small tourism/geo's go for $10K so I'd be looking for $50K - $100K.

TroyW

Top Contributor
The problem with the AU market isn't valuations, most poeople agree that good domains are valuable, but the number of people/companies with the capital to invest in good domains is limited. This is a major differences between .com.au & .com's.

Lemon

Top Contributor
I'd pay 10-15k however if I really wanted it maybe 20-30k.

If it was the plural holidays.com.au then more in the region of 50-80k.

I think its all about the need and justification.

Lemon.

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Hard to tell which is better re plural vs. singular. The plural is probably more marketable/brandable in the offline world, but the singular has nearly double the amount of broad searches associated with it.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hard to tell which is better re plural vs. singular. The plural is probably more marketable/brandable in the offline world, but the singular has nearly double the amount of broad searches associated with it.

Often surprising the search comparison for singular vs plural. You really would have thought the plural would be the bigger search term wouldn't you?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

some words are no doubt better off as singular , example would be

bet or bets

I would want bet, for sure , i think holiday is good as a singular or plural

( happy if i owned either)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.