What's new

Hi

pierso

Hi,
Been enjoying lurking for a couple of days, decided to join up.
I'm a serial business owner based in Sydney.

Last year I was looking at setting up a new business and registered about 20 names or so for possible use. 8 months later prior to launch I decided there was too was too much heavyweight competition ramping up quicker than me and I pulled the plug. A couple of months later I was pleasantly surprised when I rec'd offers out of the blue for two of my domains (one hand reg'd and one bought 2nd hand for $1k) and sold them for $8.5k combined.:)

This (lucky) experience has piqued my interest and with my current business nicely profitable and running under management I think I'm keen to do some domaineering on the side. I fear that I may be the guy who won at the pokies the first time he played and gets immediately hooked assuming he will always win!

I have lots of questions but also hope that I can contribute a little along the way.

Thanks in advance.
Piers

paz

Domaineering!! I like it.

What kind of businesses have you owend...any purely online/ecommerce?

pierso

All been sales & service type businesses, typically selling small ticket capital equipment to businesses/retailers/hospitaility with an ongoing post sale service/consumables supply.

No purely online/e-commerce.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Piers,

Welcome! Great to have enthusiastic newcomers. :)

I also love the term "domaineering" - ha ha!

Your contributions are very welcome.

Cheers, Ned

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi piers,

Welcome to dntrade and congratsbon your first sales! You make your own luck so credit for identifying the opportunity... Even if it didn't turn out as planned

Cheers

David

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members