What's new

Hi - I'm Bob, a domainaholic!

daddybat

Hey mates! I know a couple of you already. Thought I'd jump into the fray for a bit (after lurking for a few weeks of course!).

I'm a Yankee domainer, based in California, that used to mostly be a .com guy, with a dash of net/org.

But I travel to Australia pretty regularly, and I've had the pleasure of meeting and doing some business with a couple of members of this forum. All good people!

I feel very fortunate to have been able to buy a handful of decent .au names over the past few months. Many thanks to some of the seasoned .au pros like Shaun, Ned, Oz, Mike and David that have extended the hand of friendship in this space!

Most of my .au names are what I consider 'fun' names. I learned that it's important to have a passion for the names that you want to develop. And I have plenty of boring names that I don't need to repeat in .au!

Too bad that *most* .au names don't get much type-in traffic! But I suppose that's also good in some respects. Nothing like a lack of oxygen to force you to bring it to a different level, if you know what I mean!

I use the name daddybat on some of the auction platforms. If you ever see me there on an auction - and you *REALLY* want it BAD - feel free to call me! Life's short, and there's plenty of names out there for all of us!

A few of us are meeting up at the Bavarian Bier Cafe in Sydney (O'Connell Street, across from the Radisson in the CBD) on the same day as the Melbourne meetup (TH the 16th at 6pm). It would be good to meet some more Oz domainers. So far I've liked all of the others that I've met. Well, except for that Oz character! JK Martin! Hope your Mum is doing better :(

Looking forward to meeting more of you soon! I love coming to Australia, and my Aussie friends, and I told my wife years ago that I could move there happily and never look back! And for now - she's invited too!

See you on the interwebs........

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Nothing like a lack of oxygen to force you to bring it to a different level, if you know what I mean!
Love it! I'll be thinking of this quote next time I'm running as well.

courier

Thats a nice offer with the daddybat comment - Shows the quality of the person / integrity. Of course he likes Aussie beer ! :)

cherrytron

Top Contributor
This is all I thought of when I read the title.

Welcome Bob.

Vicstar

Any man with fully erect juicy boobs would frighten me away too.. and with another man so close..??

Is that from a movie?

It's okay Bob, we're all in this together, no need to be scared... except for the man boobs perhaps.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member