What's new

Hi from Sydney

dntrada

Glad to find an Australian domaining forum with lots of activity. I'm hoping to learn a few tips from some fellow domainers.

I've only sold a few domains over the years but looking to build up the knowledge and get into some serious trading. I got a bit lucky with my first .com.au domain that a US company wanted for expansion in Australia. They tried to wrangle it off me with cease and disist letter. I convinced them it would be cheaper than their lawyers fees to buy it off me since I had been running my business with it in Oz for a while and had legit business name registration etc. That gave me a taste for domaining.

I've made all the usual mistakes buying hyphenated names and new extensions that flopped. These days I'm trying to focus on .com.au, .com and I still have a sweet spot for .tv domains since my day job is developing video streaming sites for tv broadcasters.

Cheers
dntrada

chris

Top Contributor
Hi dntrada, welcome to DNTrade! We have a few members with a sweet for .tv too ;)

Oz.

Top Contributor
haha, reminds me of when I used to own the eharmony.com.au domain many many years ago. After being threatened by the current owners I ended up not giving the domain to them, but just letting it expire (which it was about to anyway).

Anyway, welcome to dntrade.

dntrada

Hi Spacey. Most of our clients are still using geo domains like tonton.com.my/ but new clients seem to be more aware of .TV the last few years. You have news publishers like smh.tv giving it a go.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member