1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi from Ross

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ross, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Ross

Ross Membership: Community

Hi Everyone....

Been looking at DNtrade.com.au daily for the last couple of months... and enjoying the knowledge that this community brings... so finally decided to write a couple of lines about myself.

Like most of you I do this part time, while being a Business Analyst in the IT industry.
    Got started in June 2007 when i went to an internet marketing seminar and finally realised that money can be made online.

Jumped into the industry and learned as much as i could about Internet Marketing by developing a couple of sites such as http://cheap-car-insurance.com.au and a couple mortgage related sites.

It was then that i fully understood how valuable domain names were...so i got a bunch. At the moment i'm in the process of developing them and in the mean time i'm trying to lease them in my site DNmarket.com.au

Anyway, love reading everyone's comments ... so keep on posting

2. DotnetKris

DotnetKris Membership: Community

Welcome aboard Russ, looks like you have some good .AU names on your site there.

Cheers,
    Kris

3. hostchecker

hostchecker Membership: Community

hey welcome ross
    [​IMG]

4. soj

soj Founder

Welcome to the forum Ross, good to see some people going for the domain leasing route, a sure fire way to monetise a domain while keeping the capital growth.

5. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

hllo ross .....welcome !

6. paz

paz Member

Welcome :D

7. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

hey ross i am working in st kilda !!!!!!! maybe catch up one day

8. Ross

Ross Membership: Community

Would be great to catch up in Melbourne

Yeh, as spacey pointed out, it would be great for domainers in Melbourne to catch up somewhere. If someone knows an event which related to domaining or internet marketing... please post it here so everyone can know about it.

9. Mike Robertson

Mike Robertson Membership: VIP

The biggest domain conference Australia has seen will be held at the Gold Coast this November, see TrafficDownUnder.com for more details.

If anyone is interested in attending or has any questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mike
    Fabulous.com

10. DotnetKris

DotnetKris Membership: Community

I'm also working on organising a meetup for the domain industry sometime early 2009 in Sydney, stay posted :)

The traffic show would be well worth going to, unfortunately I'd already booked a holiday during that time, so I won't be able to attend. Hopefully Fabulous organise another one for later in 2009!?

Regards,
    Kris