What's new

Hi From AgentMail

AgentMail

Hi All,

Not sure what standard protocol is or exactly what I am supposed to say about myself, but I currently run a mail marketing business, and after reading some interesting comments about domain name secondary markets etc. thought I should join here to gain a better insight to it.

I always just thought that you went to crazydomains and if it wasn't available too bad, so this is a whole new learning experience for me.

I am very interested in diversifying my income, and attracting additional business for my mail marketing. I also work for a records management company as a business development manager, so am keen to see what I can do to increase enquiries and interest in our products, and am thinking of seeting up some WP sites - being a global corporation, they have policies about branding etc. so my intention is to make the generic WP sites with insightful info, and perhaps one day I'll sell it back to them :)

Anyway, looking forward to any advice, best places to start or where to gain my first baby steps on how to play this domain game :)

neddy

Top Contributor
Good to see you here AgentMail!

There are some very knowledgeable members here, and most are always keen to share with others. :)

This forum is also growing little by little each week with new features and resources for all us - and particularly for newbies to domaining.

Can you share a little extra about yourself please? Where are you based - what is your mail marketing business called etc?

Wishing you all the best.

Cheers, Ned (Admin)

AgentMail

Hmm, am I supposed to share or will all the good names get pinched :)
So my company is called AgentMail www.agentmail.com.au, based just north of Brisbane in Redcliffe. what I have found since establishing 6 months ago is that there are a number of companies that offer our services, but few that are actually good at marketing themselves, so this is where I want to capitalise. My current site is very customer focused, and has little info about mail marketing, more just the services we offer. My aim now is to get some other sites up and running that go into detail about mail marketing, what it means, how best to use it etc. and then guide traffic to my AgentMail business. I want to also apply this methodology to the records management industry, but with the long term view here of building authority sites to then sell (I think that is the right way of phrasing it, that is allowable by AuDa?)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi All,

Not sure what standard protocol is or exactly what I am supposed to say about myself, but I currently run a mail marketing business, and after reading some interesting comments about domain name secondary markets etc. thought I should join here to gain a better insight to it.

I always just thought that you went to crazydomains and if it wasn't available too bad, so this is a whole new learning experience for me.

I am very interested in diversifying my income, and attracting additional business for my mail marketing. I also work for a records management company as a business development manager, so am keen to see what I can do to increase enquiries and interest in our products, and am thinking of seeting up some WP sites - being a global corporation, they have policies about branding etc. so my intention is to make the generic WP sites with insightful info, and perhaps one day I'll sell it back to them :)

Anyway, looking forward to any advice, best places to start or where to gain my first baby steps on how to play this domain game :)

Welcome. Best thing to do to increase enquiries and interest in your records management company would be to buy a related domain name and just point it to their major branded website. example type in www.oil.com.au and see it goes to valvoline. Does your records management company use generic names already? Many companies do this now. They can find names easily for sale on netfleet.com.au or by searching and contacting owners directly via a whois search http://www.mywebname.com.au/whois.php
http://domainmarketplace.com.au/aft...benefits-of-purchasing-a-generic-domain-name/

http://domainmarketplace.com.au/aft...e-investing-in-premium-generic-comau-domains/

Last edited:

AgentMail

Well, the company itself will not do anything without global approval, so I cannot do this off my own back, nor is it building an asset for me :)

The company pays a company to manage it's adwords (very poorly in my opinion) and has terrible organic ranking for a company of its size, so I think I will have to go solo in my attempts, without infringing on the global policies.

Thanks for the advice though

Honan

Top Contributor
Hi All,

G'day mate
Good to have you on the forum
Regards
Joe

seolyka2

Hi All,

Hi Agentmail. Good to see you here. We're Flying Solo pals.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member