What's new

Hi Everyone - got room for one more!

nina

Top Contributor
Hi - I'm Nina - and oldie who loves domains more than cups of coffee. (Less calories :) )

I have got a small portfolio of domains - mainly top level, I guess that's because that's because I acquired them years ago. I recently started to look at the AU domains too - the names are great.. so many ideas, so little time.

I have a few nice sites around the technology I work with and have done so for the last 8 years (although been in the web business since the 90's) and hope to crack the 100k mark of site membership this year for all the free stuff I give away.

Sometimes I look out for domains for my clients who might have businesses around a particular name that has been dropped, but never really monetised what I have because I have not had the time or knowledge. I guess I could do with a mentor or two. :eek:

Apart from that - I do like my mountain bike which my husband built up for me. I'm punching way above my weight :D (and I'm not skin and bone) with a bike that is so beautifully set up for me, and my goal would be to do the 100k Otway Odessy near Apollo Bay, but am looking for some of the 50k rides to do in the coming months. Rain or shine, day or night, we get out and ride when possible. I wish I knew about this wonderful sport when I was younger, but I'm getting better!

So that's me - I found this site today and thought - hmm... these guys look ok to me although my intro is a little less business and more about me I guess because I don't have the fancy credentials or knowledge that some people have on this forum... I hope to learn something here.

Nina

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Nina - a big welcome to you.

Firstly, you couldn't be as old as me ..... :p

Are you Victorian?

And I wasn't quite sure what you meant by this?:

and hope to crack the 100k mark of site membership this year for all the free stuff I give away.

All the best.

Cheers, Ned (Admin)

nina

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey - thanks for the 'warm reception'.

Hi there Ned - I have no problems with telling people my age - I'm 51.. internet years is about a bazillion I'm afraid :)

I am in Victoria - yes

My comment is that I have a website which is approaching 100,000 members. I give away designs for free on a particular technology. Fortunately the technology has grown over the years, and every day people subscribe to download the free skins.

Interestingly I started the site in 2004 - I remember the day I had 1,000 subscribers. It was on my business website.

I bought a domain name back in 2007 for $2,000 US and merged my users and their users, which brought it to about 40,000 unique users and over the years, kept adding on to the site, free skins and it's grown over the years so I hope that this year I will hit the 100,000 subscriber mark.

That is what I meant -

Nina

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Nina,

Great intro - the personal stuff is always the best!! And congrats on your cycling and obviously very successful website(s)

Always good to hear and to learn from people who have been in the game for so long. Make sure you share what you can!

Cheers

David

nina

Top Contributor
Thank you everyone for taking the time to make me feel not like a fish out of water. These days, there is so much to read..

My darling other half has pages of car forums open and mountain bike events and forums which he participates in.. and me - I have so many tech rss feeds and other forums I get copies of posts to keep in touch with what's happening in my area of expertiese but it's work, work.. and more work!!

So, now I'm going to get that cup of tea happening and do some reading here. It's like having ideas in your head but not moving forward with them because you don't really know where to start and being based in Australia is almost like a gift!!

It's great getting people's perspective in a relative space.

>> David - if you measure success on the monetary gains of having big numbers of subscribers, then alas *sigh* I have failed - I simply have not had the resources. It sort of grew that way and I wear so man dang hats it drives me crazy.

However, this has changed over the last three months, so now I can start looking at how to effectively market good domains...

But if you measure success in how much I like what I do and have always done what I like.. then I guess I'm very lucky. .. (some would have the cheek to say 'unemployable' but they are just jealous) :p

Nina

Honan

Top Contributor
Hello Nina
It is pleasure to read your posts already
Hope to meet you and your partner at the next Cooper Mills domainer's function in Melbourne
It sounds like you are a very busy person

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members