1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi DN Trade

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chris.C, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Hi,

My name is Chris. I'm 25 and from Bris Vegas.

I have been making a living online for the last 5 years. Mostly from advertising sales. I know a bit about most aspects of making money from websites everything from SEO to PPC to CRO etc. Jack of all trades I guess.

Though I must admit I was late to the domaining game, I got into buying Australian domains (and developing them) recently after doing some consulting work for a family member (I don't consult normally - hate it) which focussed on development and lead generation and found that there was quite a bit of low hanging fruit to be picked in the Australian market.

So I recently dropped a bit of money into buying some Australian domains that I thought were worth developing.

Now I'm largely in the process of trying to development. It's slow going than I would have liked.

:rolleyes:

Other than that, I keep an eye on drop.com.au - I have picked up a couple - but most of the time I can't justify the prices which they end up going for, but I don't mind seeing the silver lining in that I'm already sitting on quite a few domains myself. So it's reassuring to see that I'm not the only person who thinks they are worth something.

:)

Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all. I joined basically because old mate Ed at Oz Domainer wasn't posting frequently enough for me to get my fix of domaining gossip.

:p

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum! Nice work with the domains and the development plans - know exactly where you're coming from!

And yes Ed's posts are great but not frequent enough! Give him a push alongt if you can!!

Cheers

David

3. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your investment :)

Cheers,
    Tim.

4. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

I piss and moan enough as is.

Plus I know how hard it is keep blogging when you have loads of different projects on the run. So I can't be too hypocritical.

:rolleyes:

5. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

Welcome Chris

6. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Hi Chris,

Another Brissie board member! Welcome and if you have any queries about Drop.com.au or Fabulous.com feel free to get in touch.

Cheers

Andrew

7. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

Welcome to the forums, Chris!

I won't hold it against you that you're from Brisbane, as we all know that Melbourne is the best city. ;)

Looking forward to your posts. :)

Regards,

Cheyne