What's new

Hi all

fcdoms

Hi all, I'm Ben. It's nice to be logging in at last to say hello and get more involved on DN Trade.

One of my NY resolutions is to get back to being more social online again. I'm on FB and other domain forums, so I'm not exactly out of touch but here's to getting back to being more actively posting and conversing. I've recommenced blogging again etc.

I might know some people here, or at least know of you from whois. Hope to be catching up a little more again this year and onwards.

My interest in domains stems from a few decades back, when I made a horrible mis-judgement; not to register a tranche of super premium generic dot coms. Not one of those who is bitter about that. Re-entered the domain world more seriously again in 2005 from a development point of view and getting used to what's upcoming in the present and future, which of course over time returns to the original fascination with the pure power of good domain names.

I used to stick to .com domains but am finding too many good ".com.au" to ignore. Colour me a bit thick, but if I had my time again these last say 3 years, I might have moved out of more .com domains to get hold of more .com.au domains.

In the end, I hope to have enough high quality domains to finally develop out some really useful websites and build somewhat of a going concern in areas of interest. Open to sell a few domains here and there but that has not ever been my primary activity.

Good to see the forum is doing so well - congratulations!

Cheers and talk some soon!

Snooks

Top Contributor
Hi Ya Fcdoms,

You sound just like the sort of person we need around here.....has experience we can learn from and sounds a good bloke:)

I'm looking forward to chatting and learning from you.

Cheers:)

fcdoms

Thank you Snooks,

There's plenty for me to learn from others here for sure.

I do hope to be useful here from time to time, as there are plenty of things we can all learn from each other in return.

Just did some catch-up reading here, and there are some good articles and posts. Good to be here and nice to meet you Snooks.

soj

Founder
Hi Ben - good to see you find your way here. :)

I'm sorry we lost touch, but we can rectify that now. How's the music going? Still living down Bribie Island way?

Cheers, Ned

P.S. Watch out for Snooks. ;)

fcdoms

Hi Ned,

good to join in and see what's going on and hopefully be of help when I can with info or ideas etc.

Yeah, sorry too Ned but really no apology necessary - still on FB and other places. I needed a few years focused on my life offline, so I'm sure I have lapsed and probably upset a lot of people by becoming less available in that time. Not personal I assure you.

Really proud of you btw, the forum is terrific and I'll gladly pop in whenever I can to catch up and see what Snooks is up to :)

Music is going well, lots of new pieces I should record some properly soon. Looking at streaming ideas. I'm down in Brisvegas but head back north from time to time.

How are things in heaven where you are? Is that Perigian/Noosa?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Ben,

That's a nice intro & congrats for getting into the game early (2005 is still early - hell 2012 is early!) even though it could have been a long time before that.

I agree with you that the last few years the growth has been in ccTLDs (inc .au) rather than .com but it hasn't stopped so still opportunity IMO

Cheers

David

fcdoms

Thank you David.

On the IDNX .com is still above par (basket of major tld), of course and I wouldn't say I'm out - but still, I would like to see (or implement with available AU data) something similar for .com.au - I think it would be quite an interesting curve with potentially more upside.

findtim

Top Contributor
Hi Ben, welcome, sounds like an experience i had recently, I lost touch with a good mate ( offline) and tracked him down after 12 Years, my fault really i just didn't want to connect with that past "era" of my life but he is a good bloke and I just made a decision. MAKE CONTACT, and it was all cool, now we are back having convos and i think thats what coming back to dntrade will be for you.

I look forward to tapping into your knowledge and maybe i have some ideas for you as well

tim

fcdoms

Hi Tim, thanks for your kind thoughts and sharing your story. Looking forward to exchanging ideas here, cheers, Ben

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo