What's new

Hey

prawn

Hi, I'm a web developer from Adelaide with an interest in domains (and monetising them) on the side. I think I have 60-70 or so, almost entirely .com.aus (though a few .net.aus like industry.net.au and body.net.au).

Found out about this site via a tweet from Drop. Joined hoping to learn a bit more, get feedback on domain values and see what sorts of things others are buying and selling.

prawn

On that, is Drop still relevant? I used to be on that site daily but it seems now that Netfleet picks up everything, it's not always worth trawling both?

FWIW, I am yet to get a Netfleet drop account - trying to curtail my spending until I develop a few more of my domains!

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
On that, is Drop still relevant? I used to be on that site daily but it seems now that Netfleet picks up everything, it's not always worth trawling both?

Good question - If you really want a name than you need to bid on both platforms.

Drop dominated the game for a long time and I'm sure they are working hard to improve their results.

FWIW, I am yet to get a Netfleet drop account - trying to curtail my spending until I develop a few more of my domains!

I think most of us can relate to that!

prawn

Have got a few sites in home reno space that do OK.

Never sold a domain though have turned down offers. Had someone climb to $680ish (I was asking $700) and then bail on one that I would probably sell now. Oh well.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Have got a few sites in home reno space that do OK.

Never sold a domain though have turned down offers. Had someone climb to $680ish (I was asking $700) and then bail on one that I would probably sell now. Oh well.

Not good strategy: you risked $680 for $20.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Prawn - interesting username! :D

Welcome to DNT - glad you found your way here via Drop (thanks Andrew).

Your website looks great by the way. Please feel free to give yourself a plug in our services section.

Cheers, Ned (Admin)

prawn

Not good strategy: you risked $680 for $20.

Easier with hindsight, but yes, should've sold. (Checked and it was $620 they reached; domain was babyslings.com.au.) Was overseas at the time and not paying enough attention to the process. No way that I'm aware of to identify the person making the offer on Netfleet and try to resume negotiations unfortunately. Oh well.

Designer

Hello from a fellow newcomer. South Australia is a beautiful place. Had an unbelievable 4WD holiday in Flinders Ranges last year.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member