What's new

Hey There DNT

Scott7

Top Contributor
Hi everyone, I'm Scott from Melbourne. I first jumped on the internet way back in 1995 but unfortunately I didn't register any domains at that time. In the late '90s I used a free web page creation site called Expage in an effort to promote an offline publishing venture.

It wasn't until January 2007 that I registered my first domain (again publishing related) and this was simply used as a redirect to a Squidoo page. Through the Squidoo forums I learned how to get very specific niche pages to rank and earn affiliate income via Amazon, Ebay and ClickBank. In turn, I sold Squidoo pages to others and created custom pages via request and also Hubpages. This all went along really well for a few years until Squidoo changed some of their rules and Google tweaked their algorithm. So, I started searching for an online alternative which ended up being domaining.

In 2012 I began the adventure of buying and selling domains. It has been a steep learning curve with some surprising successes and miserable failures along the way. Overall, the good has far outweighed the bad. Currently I hold around 90 domains, mostly .com and .au

Reading this forum has been a fantastic resource in my domain education, along with Domain Sherpa, DN Journal and various other blogs.

Thanks for having me on board and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at the Domain Industry Christmas Drinks.

Cheers!

Scott7

Top Contributor
Thanks for the welcome Phil, Chris and Spacey.

Hey Spacey, while I'm happy with how my outbound marketing is going for my own domains, I wouldn't claim to have enough runs on the board to start brokering for others.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks for the welcome Phil, Chris and Spacey.

Hey Spacey, while I'm happy with how my outbound marketing is going for my own domains, I wouldn't claim to have enough runs on the board to start brokering for others.

It was good to met you Scott, don't be shy .......everyone's a broker these days

Scott7

Top Contributor
It was good to met you Scott, don't be shy .......everyone's a broker these days

It was good to meet you too, Spacey.

Everyone may claim to be a broker these days, however, it would take an extraordinary broker to sell a .tv, right? ;)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Scott ......maybe next time, worth noting trademarks have different categories so in some instances there is room for movement, however with tvs i guess it is pretty straight forwards, plus it's when folk register names that are obvious trademarks the trouble begins. You are off to a good start regardless!
~
Still worth putting your paypal out there ...... you might receive thousands of anonymous donations???
~
I have donated to the odd wordpress plugin i am using

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads