What's new

Hello

shief

Hey guys.

My name is Chris but go as the handle of shief which is my nickname.

I have recently being getting into purchasing domain names off netfleet with the intention of selling them off in due time when they begin to trend and hopefully go off at a premium.

I look forward to discussing with you in the future.

Cheers

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Hello Chris and welcome to DNTrade. :)

Keep your money in your pocket for the meantime and READ READ and READ some more. (watch the odd video as well on domaining).

All the best.

shief

Do you think that following people on shows like xfactor and australian/american IDOL and then waiting until they get to the finals to grab their names and register them, then when that person is to say win the final and you have secured their domain name, wait for the record companies to come after you and try to grab it, sell it to them at a premium. Is this at all legal? I was thinking this when seeing how big One Direction have blown up if it would have been proftable to grab all domains under their name.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Do you think that following people on shows like xfactor and australian/american IDOL and then waiting until they get to the finals to grab their names and register them, then when that person is to say win the final and you have secured their domain name, wait for the record companies to come after you and try to grab it, sell it to them at a premium. Is this at all legal? I was thinking this when seeing how big One Direction have blown up if it would have been proftable to grab all domains under their name.

It's shit like this that gives domainers a bad name. :mad:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
WElcome chris number 3 ........not worth the hassle of being sued and losing money by riding off other peoples coat tails

snoopy

Top Contributor
You are on track to the poor house. Forget about anything that might "trend" and look for names that work right now.

johno69

Top Contributor
purchasing domain names off netfleet with the intention of selling them

Be careful what you say on a public forum. This is direct breech of auDA policy as I understand it.

Not saying it clearly doesn't happen, but I wouldn't shout it from the rooftops.

It's shit like this that gives domainers a bad name. :mad:

+1

Stay away from this type of stuff. There's enough of it going on already.

chris

Top Contributor
Hey guys.

My name is Chris but go as the handle of shief which is my nickname.

I have recently being getting into purchasing domain names off netfleet with the intention of selling them off in due time when they begin to trend and hopefully go off at a premium.

I look forward to discussing with you in the future.

Cheers

Hi Chris, welcome to DN Trade!

I agree with other members have said, I'd strongly recommend reading up on the auDA policies, you can find them all here:

http://www.auda.org.au/policy/current-policies/

Cheers,
Chris

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads