What's new

Hello from Melbourne

borna

Hi all,

Very new to this industry and excited to get my hands dirty!

I have done a bit of reading and googling and partaking in a course this weekend; looking forward to that.

A couple of questions:

- auDA regulation of buying for the sole purpose of selling. At the end of the day, we are in this game to register a domain, monetise in some manner, and then sell for a profit, no?! Am i missing something here? Doesn't that go against the regulation?

- realistic earning capacity. We've all read about the kid who make 300K from his bedroom but what are people actually making (if you don't mind sharing).

Thanks in advance!

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Borna,

Welcome to DNTrade, and learn from the masters - as Friday Funnies go, I am not sure that Spacey takes the title for best response, but as a fan of dad jokes - I'll pay that!

chris

Top Contributor
Hi all,

Very new to this industry and excited to get my hands dirty!

I have done a bit of reading and googling and partaking in a course this weekend; looking forward to that.

A couple of questions:

- auDA regulation of buying for the sole purpose of selling. At the end of the day, we are in this game to register a domain, monetise in some manner, and then sell for a profit, no?! Am i missing something here? Doesn't that go against the regulation?

- realistic earning capacity. We've all read about the kid who make 300K from his bedroom but what are people actually making (if you don't mind sharing).

Thanks in advance!

Hi borna, welcome to DNTrade!

Good questions :)

Most of the experienced members register domains to either develop, monetise or hold as investments. If you're ever in doubt, it's always worth asking around here (especially for large purchases), or even getting in touch with auDA themselves - they're always very helpful when it comes to explaining the rules.

Most of the people who are making a full time living out of domains (there are a few) have been doing it for a long time. That said, there are always opportunities for those that are willing to learn and motivated. Hope to see you at the Melbourne Christmas drinks, where I'm sure you'll meet a few of these people!

Cheers,
Chris

borna

Thanks Chris, nicely explained there.

I should be making it down so i look forward to meeting with you all and having a beer! :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member