What's new

hello from Andrew

socialr

Hi All,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I am brand new on this forum.

My current role is as a Business Development Manager for a Cloud Hosting company. So will put my 2 cents in to the hosting related discussions.
I also run socialr.com.au which is a social media management business doing a wide variety of online tasks such as design, development and marketing for clients in Sydney.

I also regularly buy domains for both my clients and myself on the major auction sites and check the drops religiously daily not to miss out on a bargain.
I am looking to share best practices on this forum and learn from all of you. I am wanting to grow my affiliate network of sites and I am currently learning how to monetise my current portfolio of sites.

Hope my intro post was not too lengthy. Have a great day!

Last edited:

socialr

Hey Joel and Segator, Thanks for the welcomes.

Well done on spotting my company Joel. Thanks for the feedback.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Andrew - welcome to the wonderful world of DNT. :) Thank you for the great intro post.

I'm sure we will learn many things from you as well along the way.

Cheers, Ned

Honan

Top Contributor
Hi All,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I am brand new on this forum.

My current role is as a Business Development Manager for a Cloud Hosting company. So will put my 2 cents in to the hosting related discussions.
I also run socialr.com.au which is a social media management business doing a wide variety of online tasks such as design, development and marketing for clients in Sydney.

I also regularly buy domains for both my clients and myself on the major auction sites and check the drops religiously daily not to miss out on a bargain.
I am looking to share best practices on this forum and learn from all of you. I am wanting to grow my affiliate network of sites and I am currently learning how to monetise my current portfolio of sites.

Hope my intro post was not too lengthy. Have a great day!
Hi Andrew
Welcome to the forum
Why do you think there are bargains on the drops? Traffic? Generic ? Longevity? You see I think there are better bargains in negotiating on the 4 sale names on netfleet , fab names and private sellers lists

Re hosting: Do you think it is bettter to take the $100 referral commission offered by many , or to sell hosting through a reseller package?
Interested in your opinion. I am still undecided.

socialr

Hi Honan,

I like the drops because you do get some bargains, I got toursydney.com.au the other day for $12 on the drop. It has 50,000 local searches a month.

It depends on what you are doing with the names. I am building them out into sites I can generate affialite incomes from. So secure a premium domain name and then add unique content from writers add regular content shared to social (google+ etc) and wait for the rankings and traffic.

I also like to get domains from the marketplaces but have never bought a domain aftermarket from the auction sites as yet.

In relation to your hosting question, an Cost per acquisition of $100 is great for a client, however if you are charging $30-40/month you will make more from the client just buying a reseller package and then reselling the space to them. Most reseller plans will let you put 20-30 clients on them for $40/50 month.

Hope that answers your question.

Andrew

Hi Andrew
Welcome to the forum
Why do you think there are bargains on the drops? Traffic? Generic ? Longevity? You see I think there are better bargains in negotiating on the 4 sale names on netfleet , fab names and private sellers lists

Re hosting: Do you think it is bettter to take the $100 referral commission offered by many , or to sell hosting through a reseller package?
Interested in your opinion. I am still undecided.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member