What's new

Hello all

I am new to this also, but have some 2000 domains. I bought them for an Australian project, but never got it properly of the ground. Anyone interested in learning more about it?

Greetings

Chris

James

Top Contributor
wow 2,000 domains for a project, what are you doing with them currently?

Are they generating traffic.

Hi James
It was a business decision that in retrospect was a little too daring for me. I know not much more about IT past Office :) I am more of an entrepeneur. In answer to your question, they are just "there" some are parked but most are incorporated in the project and don't do much. Wether they attract traffic I don't really know either. I am trying to find solutions, so would be happoy to talk to anyone who has the ability and time to do serious work. But it would probably be a lot easier to do so by email and make more sense. chris@meyer-c.com would reach me.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Chris - welcome to DNT. Where are you based?

Bet you're not looking forward to renewal date on those 2000 domains. ;)

Hi Ned
I live in Coffs Harbour in NSW. I have renewed these domains for several years now and will so for now, but yes it would be good if I found a better solution thaen just "having" them :)

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
G'Day Chris, welcome to the forums. I love Coffs Harbour! Haven't been for around 5 years, but nothing beats a nice banana split at everyone's favourite landmark ;)

Hi Scott and thank you for the welcome. If you or anyone that you know might be interested in some sort of a venture, don't hesitate to let me know. This goes for anyone else who reads this also of course. Cheers

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hey Chris!

Welcome!!

A starting point might be to share what vertical your domains are in. Few of the more experienced players might be able to help you better that way.

Another option could be to monetize them by parking with some where like RookMedia. Then slowly develop them by best domain/best performing domain.

All the best and would love to hear your progress!

Ben

Last edited:

theseoconsultant

Top Contributor
Welcome to the forum Chris; I'm new to this forum as well - they seem to be a friendly bunch! :)

2000 domain names is definitely a good start ;)

Hi Ben

What I did and have is a bit long for a forum. But it is no secret of course and I am happy to send you details to an email address, but no parking them is no answer for me...in addition to the 2000 mentioned earlier I a bunch more that are parked and some that are developed too. Cheers Chris

snoopy

Top Contributor
I am trying to find solutions, so would be happoy to talk to anyone who has the ability and time to do serious work. But it would probably be a lot easier to do so by email and make more sense. chris@meyer-c.com would reach me.

You're best solution is likely to be trying to sell whatever you can dirt cheap then drop everything that is not sold (likely almost all of them).

2000 domains is a massive mistake, the only bigger mistake is renewing. Saw your other thread but thought it would be be more appropriate to post here, would not spend time trying to get partners or do anything fancy with them. Nobody with real experience is going to get involved with that. Think of them as a sunk cost and an educational experience is my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi snoopy
Unless I have spoken to you before and you know what it is all about, I'd say your view is at the very least uninformed. But thanks anyway. Chris

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hi snoopy
Unless I have spoken to you before and you know what it is all about, I'd say your view is at the very least uninformed. But thanks anyway. Chris

Chris,

If you have 2000 domains that you went and registered and now have no plans for (other than hopefully someone else doing the work for you), then that is a massive mistake. You've given out enough information to see the obvious.

The biggest mistake you can make now is to keep going down the same path by spending more on renewals.

No that was not it at all. Unless of course you see any site advertising a business as a knock off of the yellow pages. But rather than writing long explanations here, contact me on chris@meyer-c.com if you are genuinely interested.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member