What's new

Header Image Size ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Just thought I would ask for some opinions on header image sizes, I am thinking of messing around with a site that really needs a large header image, what size is considered best practice I wonder? Probably going to go to fiverr and get the image done there, any opinions ?

findtim

Top Contributor
the trend is as a thin as possible, 50-100px high
its all about keeping as much info "above the fold" as possible, and also PRIMARY is not using to much space on a mobile phone.

findtim

Top Contributor
also just watch fiverr, there is a HUGE trend lately to "upsize you"
they come back and say " ohhh thats an extra....."
or
" no sir, you pay later.........." and then try to say they spent loads of time on it so pay more.

SET the price before you start.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I did try one of my sites on the phone to see the header change down, I am going to stick with the wordpress dimensions, it reduced as I was hoping on my phone. Basically for what I want the header image is also the logo and the graphics are a big part, thanks!

findtim

Top Contributor
png and jpg should look the same, a jpg HAS to have a background ( white?) but a png (24 not 8 )can be transparent thats really the only difference.
filesize: depending on the complexity of the image it will change the file size, i find complex=jpg, logo/basic colour blocks= png.

photoshop "save for web" will show whats best.
a free photoshop is GIMP , its a large download but gives you almost all what photoshop can do, moreeeeeeee then enough for web dev.

request both, shouldn't increase price

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members