What's new

Having trouble with my first sales approach

PowerMax

Hey everyone first time poster here :)

Basically I have created a limited listings website targeted towards Dental clinics in a specific Perth suburb 2000 unique hits per month with frequent Australian dental articles being posted up (paid article writers).

I spent most of my time with legitimate back linking and SEO optimization which has resulted in my page being ranked 1st - 3rd in google(au) for about 4 months now, the design is simple to the point and professional.

Now, the only problem I am facing at the moment is that all the the Dental clinics I have contacted via email(6 now) have never replied yet alone even visited my website. I have tried several different pitches and open ended questions ie "Hi X, is there anyone I could speak to in regards to my website ect..."

- Are my emails going directly to their spam folders due to filters?
- Are the receptionists ignoring my emails because they think it's marketing spam?

I was thinking about calling the clinic's instead but I'm worried about conflict of interested being that I already have a full time job in a similar field (Someone once called my employment because they saw that I had posted a status on facebook asking if anyone wanted a website)

What should I do?

Not sure about the dental clinics you have approached but the dental clinics around my area have a 3 week waiting list for an appointment last time I checked!
Might be a shortage of dental clinics around and existing ones are so busy they're not interested in additional marketing?

DavidL

Top Contributor
You've got to call them. Save the emails for the mass market approach but for a limited specific market like this I think ypou need to make more of an effort.

Here's another approach - put a lead capture form on the site and call them with a lead. 'Hi I'm Max, I run a few websites and one of them is based around dentistry. Anyway I've got an enquiry from someone in Perth looking for some dental implants - could I send this enquiry onto you?'. If that doesn't open the door then nothing will!

PowerMax

You've got to call them. Save the emails for the mass market approach but for a limited specific market like this I think ypou need to make more of an effort.

Here's another approach - put a lead capture form on the site and call them with a lead. 'Hi I'm Max, I run a few websites and one of them is based around dentistry. Anyway I've got an enquiry from someone in Perth looking for some dental implants - could I send this enquiry onto you?'. If that doesn't open the door then nothing will!

Sounds like a great idea, I'll give it ago

thankyou

Blue Wren

Top Contributor

I'm always interested in how one discloses that 'this' website captures leads. I'd like to master how this is done.

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
you always have to get past the practice manager, the dentist just want to do dentistry, so always respect the manager or you will be in the bin.

ring them and ask for the manager not the dentist, then simply ask if you could POST them some information to review.

type up the information keeping it to @ 3/4 of an A4 MAXIMUM, and hand write the envelope, attn blabla whoever.

make sure you have a "call to action".

if you are in perth and they are they should get the letter the next day, so ring on a tuesday between 10am-11.30am, get it straight into the post so it arrives wednesday, don't mail it to arrive any other days especially not monday or friday.

follow up with a phone the next tuesday and if they haven't made a decision move on.

in sales a "maybe" is normally a NO.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor

I have tried this with a heap of lead gen sites i've got ranking highly. The trouble i've had are the people I call just plain out saying they do not want any extra work. Stupid thing is that they still pay the local newspapers each week for local ads.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo