What's new

Have You Had Similar ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi Webmaster, I was just browsing your site carchannel.com.au and your site is very appealing. I was also really impressed by the presentation/layout, and I actually have a client who is interested in advertising on your internal page: http://carchannel.com.au/

The client is a well-known, leading car insurance provider and they are looking to advertise their "car insurance" keyword via a basic text link. There are no banners or graphics required- Just a sentence with a text link inside. Our client is not concerned with "impressions" or clicks as this campaign is strictly for search engine optimisation purposes.

For this, they are willing to compensate you monthly via PayPal. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to doing business with you. Hope your day's going well!

snoopy

Top Contributor
Sounds dodgy to me. Perhaps they pay you in arrears (eg never) and bank on the link staying on a certain number of sites.

paz

Seems like an automated email filled in with your URL.

Was it through a contact form? Or was it a real email?

My contact forms get hammered with SEO service spam every day.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
it was an unexpected direct email ? ...... i replied asking how much would they pay me ?

.....probably never hear back from them ?

Timmy

Banned
Consider yourself added to the spam list though as a "real person". Next you'll be contacted by a Nigerian with your long lost fortune lol.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I sold anchor text rich text links way back in the day. It's not worth it in the long run for the cheap rates these people often pay.

Not only do you have to promote a crappy site, you put your site at a risk of the wrath of Google (Google dislikes those that sell links as much as they do those that buy). And at the end of the day you normally get a low budget, South East Asian SEO constantly bugging you for various things and you end up wasting hours in emails and implementation for a few bucks.

Worst of all you actually help your competition rank above you buy linking to them.

Yes, I'm a jaded former link seller.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members