1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardware Upgrade

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by ScottNugent, Sep 28, 2011.

1. ScottNugent

ScottNugent Membership: VIP

For those hosted with VentraIP, you might be interested in this. They are going to be upgrading a lot of their hardware over the coming months.

It should mean faster, more reliable service, and it keeps VentraIP as a market leader. For full info take a look over here: https://forums.ventraip.com.au/showthread.php?t=3245.

Exciting news! (Maybe just for a nerd like me :p )

2. nina

nina Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Nice.. I have a new machine similar to the Intel 6 core, I can have up to 192gb of ram, we've got 3tb of SaaS drives, the solid state was cost prohibitive. But it's on a tight little RU.

It's nice way for me the handle our customers we host. I bought this server outright to offer greener and more efficient hosting for clients and of course my own sites.

While I love virtual, I am not confident enough to send over my business to virtual that I do not have control over. It took me a while to even agree to running sql on same build as the sites since it is effectively on the same machine.

It's a big job upgrading hardware, but getting easier with virtualisation. We built our network on the cloud where the backups are held, and then added to new machine when it came in, and it was a good way to test if the backups work as well.

It's amazing what can be done these days and it sure has come a long way from the huge 5ru machines we used to run in the past.

Nothing wrong with being a nerd!!! :)

Nina