What's new

Hair.com.au

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
I did not realise the margins in hair extensions where so generous until I noticed domains like HairExtensionsSydney.com.au sell for $3K and HairLossTreatment.com.au sell for $3,667. With that in mind it seems the buy now price of $42K for Hair.com.au is reachable but it would need to get bids from big suppliers of hair care products or a salon group to reach its potential.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I did not realise the margins in hair extensions where so generous until I noticed domains like HairExtensionsSydney.com.au sell for $3K and HairLossTreatment.com.au sell for $3,667. With that in mind it seems the buy now price of $42K for Hair.com.au is reachable but it would need to get bids from big suppliers of hair care products or a salon group to reach its potential.

Yep you are right. problem is most big suppliers and brands would not even know it's for sale so they will never even bid.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Yep you are right. problem is most big suppliers and brands would not even know it's for sale so they will never even bid.
NOTE: for anyone stumbling into this thread later, this is an aftermarket domain not an expiring/dropping domain.

I think this seller is being smart as they are maximising their odds of selling to a big supplier or brand as:
1) They have a "for sale" banner on their site linking to the listing.
2) They have it listed in the standard catalogue so if it gets turned in it will revert back to a normal sale with a "make offer" and a "buy it now"
3) They may have noticed the recent interest in hair related sales getting good retail prices so they are testing the waters with a category killer like hair.com.au.

If the listing gets turned in, they have learned the depth of the current Netfleet buyers pockets and they can try again in 4-6 months (or if they notice a run on hair related sales in the future)

Eventually a "big fish" or their marketing team or SEO advisor or friend at a BBQ will notice the domain and will start the ball rolling towards a sale. As the saying goes it helps to have a line in the water and bait on the hook when fishing.

Judging by prices seen recently on car related domains (and I am including used.com.au) in that list, I'd say it is a good idea to test the waters for car/motoring related domains.

Insurance and Property related domains also seem to do well historically, most recently Granny-Flats selling for a good price.

We also seem to do well with travel and accommodation domains.

James

Top Contributor
The domain is really decent, but I notice it is part of a wider group of domains which OMG/Boomerang is looking to sell off from doing bulk who is checks.

Off topic but may as well post this as its related: If any one is looking for traffic in the Hair segment, let me know i have access to some great reach in this demographic.

snoopy

Top Contributor

Very different markets. Hair.com.au isn't the category killer for the hair replacement industry. It probably isn't even a term they would target.

Google stats say it all once again,

[hair replacement] Competition: High

[hair extensions] Competition: High

[hair] Competition: Low

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.