What's new

Greetings.

abit

My name is Liam, a student from England. I've been involved with domains/hosting since 2004. Always looking to add to the portfolio, however at the same time if the price is right, I may sell a few off. I currently have a few Aussie oriented domains in the collection.

Looks like Ned is running a fine job here ;)

Shane

Top Contributor
Welcome to DNT mate.

I know you have some Aussie oriented domains, but do you have any AU domains yet?

Cheers. :)

soj

Founder
Welcome Liam.

What part of the UK are you from?

And what are some of your best domains (co.uk or com)?

abit

Thanks for the messages.

Welcome to DNT mate.

I know you have some Aussie oriented domains, but do you have any AU domains yet?

Cheers. :)

Nope. I think you have to be Aussie to acquire an actual .com.au or use a company which will register it on behalf of you, right?

Welcome Liam.

What part of the UK are you from?

And what are some of your best domains (co.uk or com)?

I'm from an old mill town in Cheshire. It's about 30km south from the city of Manchester.

I had a good .net but I sold it last year when I received a good offer. Most of my domains are aimed at the hosting industry but I'm starting to branch out. For example I picked renamed.org up a few days ago. I'll have a look through to see if there's anything else which you may find interesting.

Welcome Liam, hope you find the site useful.

Do you have any developed sites in your portfolio?

I developed a twitter application one weekend but recently sold it off. So other than a few friends, family and organisations I'm involved with, nothing currently. However I'm working on a couple of sites at the moment. Watch this space ;)

Last edited:

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Liam

I'm from an old mill town in Cheshire. It's about 30km south from the city of Manchester.

We seem to be building a little corner on DNT from the NW of England! I am originally from the Wirral, as is my brother, as is Lemon.

What town are you from?

Cheers
Mark

findtim

Top Contributor
Welcome, i've been to manchester but i don't think cheshire.... it was 20 years ago !!, but had a ball, at the time i was travelling with the australian rugby league team but thats another long storyyyy LOL.

ADMIN: good question about what is the better domain name in the UK, .co.uk or .com ? , i've been wondering that myself.

ALSO the differnet terms that are used in searches eg: i've heard "real estate agent" isn't a term in the UK, optometrist isn't either but optometry is ?

so a good domain in an .com.au may actually be no value in a UK market ! and thus visa versa so beware !

tim

abit

Hi Liam

We seem to be building a little corner on DNT from the NW of England! I am originally from the Wirral, as is my brother, as is Lemon.

What town are you from?

Cheers
Mark

Mark,

I'm from the other side of Cheshire! A town called Macclesfield AKA the home of Joy Division.

Welcome, i've been to manchester but i don't think cheshire.... it was 20 years ago !!, but had a ball, at the time i was travelling with the australian rugby league team but thats another long storyyyy LOL.

ADMIN: good question about what is the better domain name in the UK, .co.uk or .com ? , i've been wondering that myself.

ALSO the differnet terms that are used in searches eg: i've heard "real estate agent" isn't a term in the UK, optometrist isn't either but optometry is ?

so a good domain in an .com.au may actually be no value in a UK market ! and thus visa versa so beware !

tim

Manchester is a funny place. Great music scene though!
I prefer .coms as they're not so limiting appose to regional tlds such as .co.uk and .com.au . Your right Tim words are different. Not sure if you get taught the queens English or American English or is it somewhere in between?

In England we call them 'Estate Agents' appose to Realtor/Real Estate agents.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo