What's new

Google's most expensive keywords

neddy

Top Contributor
Good article today here about the priciest keywords on Google (I imagine these are US stats):

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/inte...y-smes-don-t-need-to-pay-more-to-keep-up.html

Here is the list:

1. Insurance (example keywords in this category include "buy car insurance online" and "auto insurance price quotes").
2. Loans (example keywords include "consolidate graduate student loans" and "cheapest homeowner loans").
3. Mortgage (example keywords include "refinanced second mortgages" and "remortgage with bad credit").
4. Attorney (example keywords include "personal injury attorney" and "dui defense attorney").
5. Credit (example keywords include "home equity line of credit" and "bad credit home buyer").
6. Lawyer ("personal injury lawyer," "criminal defense lawyer).
7. Donate ("car donation centers," "donating a used car").
8. Degree ("criminal justice degrees online," "psychology bachelors degree online").
9. Hosting ("hosting ms exchange," "managed web hosting solution").
10. Claim ("personal injury claim," "accident claims no win no fee").
11. Conference Call ("best conference call service," "conference calls toll free").
12. Trading ("cheap online trading," "stock trades online").
13. Software ("crm software programs," "help desk software cheap").
14. Recovery ("raid server data recovery," "hard drive recovery laptop").
15. Transfer ("zero apr balance transfer," "credit card balance transfer zero interest").
16. Gas/Electricity ("business electricity price comparison," "switch gas and electricity suppliers").
17. Classes ("criminal justice online classes," "online classes business administration").
18. Rehab ("alcohol rehab centers," "crack rehab centers").
19. Treatment ("mesothelioma treatment options," "drug treatment centers").
20. Cord Blood ("cordblood bank," "store umbilical cord blood").

DavidL

Top Contributor
Conference call is a funny one.... Wouldn't have thought there's that much money in this industry to reflect these prices

snoopy

Top Contributor
Found the cord blood one interesting. Some great business areas there.

Found some of the comments interesting,

The keyword categories with the highest volumes and costs represent businesses with very high lifetime customer value – in other words, these industries can afford to pay a lot to acquire a new customer.

This represents a problem for many SMEs which find themselves in the same categories as these larger businesses. With all the generic keywords requiring thousands of dollars – money they don't have – many business find themselves priced out valuable keywords, resulting in little search traffic.

In reality they probably have a business model that isn't particularly viable. Adwords is a very simple test for an online business in my view. If it can't convert traffic profitably then I would think it is going to struggle.

Last edited:

courier

How does Chord Blood make the top 20 ? Nice little smartcompany article worth the read if you get the chance.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I have blood storage/com/au as i believe it will be a big business in the future , with the gradual acceptence of stem cells for use in medicine the Chord Blood is a much desired product

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
I have blood storage/com/au as i believe it will be a big business in the future , with the gradual acceptence of stem cells for use in medicine the Chord Blood is a much desired product

As they say, a miss is as good as a mile.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Good to see the world is still spinning properly ........ we know this when the people you rely on for certain things don't let you down

Regarding chord/cord ......... i had just come from musicforum ....... what can i say LOL

Hey Djuga where's your old avatar ?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members