What's new

Google+

Shane

Top Contributor
Who's using it for business/personal reasons?

Any tips or tricks etc that you want to share?

I've been active on there since launch, mainly because of what I'm reading about the impact G+ and authorship/author rank will have on rankings in the future.

My business pages are getting some engagement, but it's just from a small number of core followers really.

I'd love to hear of anyone here having some success on there.

Here's my profile if you want to connect: https://plus.google.com/117829740337084691341/posts

James

Top Contributor
Yeah I have been on Google+ for a while, I think it is good for the niches I target.
You can add me here:
https://plus.google.com/104627466131988547008

Tips for promotion:

1. Engage with high follower users.
2. Share good quality content people want to share.
3. Join in community discussion and post articles.
4. Follow related people in your niche.
5. Join up hangouts and contribute, you can get heaps of followers doing this one.
6. Comment on any highly shared piece of content.
7. Other then that make sure all your content is marked up correctly.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
I must admit I'm not on it all day everyday (like I can be on Twitter), but I'm mainly using it for syndication purposes. Not sure how well it's going but it seems to help my click-through rates because of the face image in the SERP's

chris

Top Contributor
I've been using it and recommend it from a business perspective. Authorship is a biggie on it's own, but I think the writing is on the wall with the merging of G+ and the SERPs.

I don't mind it from a personal perspective too, it's definitely changing faster than any of the other social platforms.

Cheers,
Chris

helloworld

Top Contributor
I use the authorship but only for my clients, even if I write the content.

My reasoning for this is that search is to connect with the business not the autor of the content. This really works. A few of my clients now say that there enquiries often start Dear Scott (example of clients name)

Shane

Top Contributor
I'm big on authorship too, although I only use it for two of my sites.

G+ is a daily activity for me, but there's fairly limited activity within my circles which makes it somewhat difficult.

Whilst the benefits are limited right now, I do see it as a good investment of time for the future.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member