What's new

Google "Tap and Buy" Phone

shags38

Top Contributor
No doubt you guys will have seen this by now .... Google have released a phone that acts as a credit card also....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...droid-phone-aims-to-replace-credit-cards.html

My spies tell me that Steve Jobs is going one better ........ the new iPhone will make Latte in 5 different flavors ....... whilst you are making a credit card transaction :)

Just wondering how this may affect a couple of names I have ... phonebuyit.com and phonechargeit.com ...... if there is any effect on these names it would have to be positive because they were worth zilch before Googles announcement :) :)

Of course I reckon it will add instant value to existing names like PhoneCard and variants thereof (for the phone prepaid cards - could now be used also maybe for pseudo phone credit card) - and of course it will open up names like PhoneCreditOverusageRestructureRepaymentLoanTerms.com

cheers,
Mike

I tried to reg a few names last night only a few hours after the announcement (about 3 hours in real time) and surprise, surprise ..... gollyyyyyy sarg ....... names like phonepayit - tapandpay - tapnpay - tapandbuy - tapnbuy - nexuspay - nexusbuy - androidcredit - and a bunch of others were not available - of course it could be coincidence but the tapandpay names seemed to coincide with the exact term used by Google CEO, Schmidt - (maybe the footage on youtube of the incessant keyboard clacking on laptops 3.6 nano seconds after Schmidt made his announcement was an indicator of domainers scampering to pick up the crumbs??)

cheers,
Mike

p.s. there are plenty of AU variations still available but be careful not to fall into the barrel as you reach way down :) :)

WG2010

Archived Member
This isn't really anything new but hopefully it will take it mainstream. In some european countries you can buy your train tickets, pay for parking, get food/drink from vending machines by sending an SMS and having it charged to your phone bill. It's a real bother not having this sorta service here, scrounging around for change for parking is a real PITA.

shags38

Top Contributor
This isnt really new as said above, its been around in like Japan for ages...

I agree that a form of paying for limited items / services has been available to a limited extent using SMS and having a special account debited, however in my humble opinion guys I think you will find that this is significantly different.

Time will tell I suppose as more details are released - I doubt there would have been the fuss of a launch at a significant show and then an article for an announcement of just a different version of the same thing, something not new and different - especially from Google.

cheers,
Mike

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads