1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Reveal Adsense Rev Share - 68%

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by DavidL, May 27, 2010.

1. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    http://adsense.blogspot.com/2010/05/adsense-revenue-share.html

So for Adsense for content, publishers receive 68% of what the advertisers pay. This is actually more than I had guessed.

Additionally, the revenue shares for AdSense for content and AdSense for search also can vary for major online publishers with whom we negotiate individual contracts.

This obviously applies for parking companes amongst others.

2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Membership: VIP

Google is a Good Company :) Very rare.

3. Shaun

Shaun Membership: Community

Also much more than I thought too...

4. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

My guess was about 60% tops. Nice to see it is even more.

5. steve

steve Membership: Community

You guys are forgetting about Google's "Smart Pricing" factor. The revenue share is reduced by the Smart Pricing factor which is an undisclosed value determined on a click-by-click basis, and/or by source domain. So in the scope of things knowing half the equation is useless: Revenue Share = 68% x Unknown Smart Pricing Factor

What is smart pricing?
    http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=134761

6. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

google is a good company .......... ha ha

those idiots wont cancel an old adwords account i had with them , and when i recently took advantage of their 'promo code' it reverted to my old account and actually ended up costing me $75 , when i requested (4 phonecalls later) to at least give me the old email address so i could close it down they wouldn't even do that for me

Google you suck ! ...... and stop looking at me from your satellites (we know what your doing)

7. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    And what about their recent wifi issue.

Accidentally dialling in to people's private communications whilst they were only meant to be taking images for streetview???

Conroy is an idiot for this filter but good on him for having a go at Google about this- some of his concerns do have real merit

8. marketingweb

marketingweb Membership: Community

I also don't believe the 68% - 68% of what is the question.

If it's 68% of Gross takings that would be quite a lot. But if this "smart factor" exists or if it's 68% of nett after expenses that wouldn't be anywhere near as much.

I suspect the later!