What's new

Google Profit

neddy

Top Contributor
So this is where all our PPC earnings have gone ........

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...s-beat-forecasts/story-fn91v9q3-1226095025887

Remember we are talking about one quarter here - or just three months.

For the second quarter, Google posted a profit of $US2.51 billion ......

Revenue increased 32 per cent to $US9.03bn. Traffic-acquisition costs -- the commissions paid to marketing partners -- comprised 24 per cent of ad revenue. After the costs, revenue rose 36 per cent to $US6.92bn

Last edited:

Shane

Top Contributor
The average cost advertisers paid Google per click grew 12 per cent over a year earlier and 6 per cent from the previous quarter, a higher rate of growth than recent periods.
This is good news for us, as long as Google are passing on the benefits!

snoopy

Top Contributor
But poor Google Australia posted a loss last year

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/googles-teeny-weeny-tax-bill-20110502-1e3z0.html

I don't understand how they get away with it...

There is a term for this when a subsidiary is ran at a loss by weighing it down with expenses or diverting most of the revenue because the corporate tax rate is high in that country, couldn't remember what it was so I typed "offshore tax shifting" in Google,

Ironically the second result was about Google,

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=offshore+tax+shifting&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I would imagine there has been a lot of research by Google lawyers to structure it all correctly, still I wonder if tax departments will go after them eventually. Was pretty surprised when I used to get Google cheques from an Ireland subsidiary.

Billy01

Top Contributor
Ireland

The whole thing is run out of Ireland, always has been. The Irish Govt gave huge tax benefits to lure them there over 5 years ago. No the ATO is not a happy chappy, but its legit in Aust (for Now)

shags38

Top Contributor
Google = Search Engine = LOL. Huge online advertising agency with a big stick and a don't give a f*** attitude. Will gladly take your money via your AdWords account whilst Closing down your AdSense account and/or sandbagging your site(s) (the latter without telling you).
Patience is a virtue - I await the second coming = Facebook Adsense :) (disguised as a search engine of course)

payattention

Archived Member
Shags.. if I remember correctly, you said you were banned for clicking your own Adsense units. In fact, I'm pretty sure you admitted to doing so. Well deserved ban if that's the case because you are stealing from bidders, not Google.

shags38

Top Contributor
Shags.. if I remember correctly, you said you were banned for clicking your own Adsense units. In fact, I'm pretty sure you admitted to doing so. Well deserved ban if that's the case because you are stealing from bidders, not Google.

Good memory General. Yes, correct. I must be more careful in future not to make generalized statements when I have a tainted past relating to the subject :(

The rest of the comment was good though . right ....... right olly ?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member