What's new

Google Plus One

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
......please explain ??

whoops just figured out it's a 'like'

interesting to see if this feature gets bombarded ??

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
But it is a like button isnt it ? I have come to this conclusion because it was right next to a facebook link/like ?? '

Happy to find out exactly what both serve as a purpose

can't say i give too much credence to the whole social thing, i think there are better things to do with one's time

Honan

Top Contributor
But it is a like button isnt it ? I have come to this conclusion because it was right next to a facebook link/like ?? '

Happy to find out exactly what both serve as a purpose

can't say i give too much credence to the whole social thing, i think there are better things to do with one's time
"The Google+1 button does influence your search engine placement. Following is a quote (verbatim) from Google’s David Byttow, taken from when the +1 button was first announced to the public: “We’ll also start to look at +1’s as one of the many signals we use to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, including social signals from other services. For +1′s, as with any new ranking signal, we’ll be starting carefully and learning how those signals affect search quality over time.” "
Source : http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-why-you-need-the-google1-button.html/

James

Top Contributor
A Like??.....i think it will be dead in 12 months and G will dump it:)

I don't think so,

We have Google reps coming into the office a fair bit at my work they are pushing this product.

You already see it integrated with Google Webmaster Tools,

I have already seen it as an influencing factor for specific search terms withing friend or friend networks on numerous occasions.

Personalizes social search is here to stay, it is not going to go any where if you miss out on embracing these elements now from your strategy then you are missing the potential traffic and ore revenue.

The only thing they need now is uptake with the general public, most of my bigger sites run based on US taffic I am already seeing uptake on G+1

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo